Windows 10: "There was a problem resetting your pc; No changes were made" Windows 10 Reset

Discus and support "There was a problem resetting your pc; No changes were made" Windows 10 Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to reset my PC. I'm trying the option to reset it while retaining my personal files, but whenever I do, around 35% completion it tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Khnts, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Khnts Win User

"There was a problem resetting your pc; No changes were made" Windows 10 Reset

Hi, I'm trying to reset my PC. I'm trying the option to reset it while retaining my personal files, but whenever I do, around 35% completion it tells me that "there was a problem resetting your pc" and that "no changes were made". After entering C:\$SysReset\Logs\Setupact.log I was able to find 3 errors.

The 1st:

2018-12-22 21:19:53, Error Factory: Factory recovery not supported on [10.0] recovery image[gle=0x000000ea]

The 2nd:

2018-12-22 21:19:52, Error 0x80070002 in PbrGetRestoreToBaselineVal (base\reset\engine\scenario\src\sensetargetos.cpp:61): Does not find registry key of PushButtonReset[gle=0x00000002]

And the 3rd:

2018-12-22 21:19:52, Error 0x80070002 in PushButtonReset::RegKey::HasValue (base\reset\util\src\registry.cpp:187): Failed to load subkey at [Microsoft\Windows\Signature][gle=0x00000002]

I'm currently running on the latest version of Windows 10 Home, version 1809 I believe, on a PC which I installed the OS on myself. It's never given me any issues before, but I felt it was time to clean some of the excess files with a reset since it's been about 3 years. The PC originally had Windows 8 installed, however I used the free upgrade opportunity to switch to Windows 10.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling reagent into the command prompt, as well as entering cd %windir%\system32\config

ren system system.001

ren software software.001 but to no avail. Whilst trying to do those final two, it would tell me that both were in use by another application, even when booting from advance startup.

I've spent well over ~2 or so hours trying to get this to work, but have yet to find a solution. I'd prefer not to have to completely reinstall windows since I'd like to keep my files, but I may just have to if I can't find a solution. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

:)

Khnts, Dec 22, 2018
  2. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 22, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 always resets my Time

Is your time zone set correctly in the OS? The OS has the ability to change the CMOS clock, so if you didn't setup your Windows Time correctly, then it is defaulted to Pacific Standard Time. It could also be a CMOS battery issue...but usually your time AND date will reset...so you'll see 12:00, January 1, 1979 or similar if the clock is resetting from a bad CMOS. If you shut your PC down, unplug it from the wall for say like 10 minutes, then plug back in and boot into BIOS, is your time/date wrong?

Kursah, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. "There was a problem resetting your pc; No changes were made" Windows 10 Reset - Similar Threads - was problem resetting

2. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'': I want to reset my pc its got 101 bugs but when i reset it says'''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'' please urgently help...
  3. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'': I want to reset my pc its got 101 bugs but when i reset it says'''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'' please urgently help...
  4. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.: I have a Dell Inspiron 11-3168. At first I had a problem with space to reset but that is solved. Now I have a problem resetting. This happened once and then I tried to do the image repair thing on command prompt. I also tried sfc scan now on command prompt and everything was...
  6. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.: I have a Dell Inspiron 11-3168. At first I had a problem with space to reset but that is solved. Now I have a problem resetting. This happened once and then I tried to do the image repair thing on command prompt. I also tried sfc scan now on command prompt and everything was...
  7. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made:

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made:: This is what I have already tried: sfc /scannow- windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations I dont have an option to reset Pc with USB or disk on the blue screen so thats ruled out did DISM cleanup image checkhealth and that said no component...
  8. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: Hi Concerns, I got an window update on 18th of January 2019, and after updating my PC. I couldn't access my PC, it goes in repairs and fixing mode. I tired resetting the Laptop, but getting this message. Please help me in this regard....
  9. There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made

There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made: My computer has been running a bit slow lately, so I tried to factory reset it. It was working out well until it reached around 35%, and I got an error message saying no changes were made and reset was failed. I tried this 3 more times with similar results. Can somebody...
  10. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: I've been trying to reset my laptop MANY times, but it'll always tell me this "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made", I really need to reset my laptop. Any solutions out there? I watched YouTube, searched for articles regarding it, but none seemed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070002 in pushbuttonreset::regkey::hasvalue (base\reset\util\src\registry.cpp:187): failed to load subkey at [microsoft\windows\signature][gle=0x00000002]

2. windows 10 reset no changes were made

3. 0x80070002 in pbrgetrestoretobaselineval (base\reset\engine\scenario\src\sensetargetos.cpp:61): does not find registry key of pushbuttonreset[gle=0x00000002]

4. 0x80070002 in PbrGetRestoreToBaselineVal (base\reset\engine\scenario\src\sensetargetos.cpp:63): Does not find registry key of PushButtonReset[gle=0x00000002],
  5. no changes were made-magyarul,
  6. windows 10 reset error no changes were made,
  7. 0x80070002 in PbrGetRestoreToBaselineVal (base\reset\engine\scenario\src\sensetargetos.cpp:63),
  8. trying to reset windows 10 there was an error,
  9. windows reset no changes were made,
  10. there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made windows 10,
  11. there was a problem resetting your pc win 10,
  12. PushButtonReset[gle=0x00000002],
  13. there was a problem resetting this lc no changes were made