Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

Discus and support There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been trying to reset my laptop MANY times, but it'll always tell me this "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made", I really... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Renoxxed, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Renoxxed Win User

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

I've been trying to reset my laptop MANY times, but it'll always tell me this "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made", I really need to reset my laptop. Any solutions out there? I watched YouTube, searched for articles regarding it, but none seemed to help. Hope it'll get fixed!

:)

Renoxxed, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    There is a problem resetting your pc no changes

Hi Xin,

There may be a virus infection on your laptop, as suspected. We'd like to know a few things to help you fix this. Kindly answer the following:

• What browser were you using when you encountered the error?
    • How did you attempt to reset the device?

We discourage you from calling any support numbers your browser gives you when you encounter such errors. Those numbers are fraud and will lead to no good if you allow the support personnel to access your device. Since the laptop has not been reset, we suggest
    you reset your browser and run a full scan using your antivirus software. You can check these pages to know how you can perform the suggested steps:

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 12, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made - Similar Threads - was problem resetting

2. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'': I want to reset my pc its got 101 bugs but when i reset it says'''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'' please urgently help...
  3. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'': I want to reset my pc its got 101 bugs but when i reset it says'''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'' please urgently help...
  4. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.: I have a Dell Inspiron 11-3168. At first I had a problem with space to reset but that is solved. Now I have a problem resetting. This happened once and then I tried to do the image repair thing on command prompt. I also tried sfc scan now on command prompt and everything was...
  6. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.: I have a Dell Inspiron 11-3168. At first I had a problem with space to reset but that is solved. Now I have a problem resetting. This happened once and then I tried to do the image repair thing on command prompt. I also tried sfc scan now on command prompt and everything was...
  7. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made:

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made:: This is what I have already tried: sfc /scannow- windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations I dont have an option to reset Pc with USB or disk on the blue screen so thats ruled out did DISM cleanup image checkhealth and that said no component...
  9. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: Hi Concerns, I got an window update on 18th of January 2019, and after updating my PC. I couldn't access my PC, it goes in repairs and fixing mode. I tired resetting the Laptop, but getting this message. Please help me in this regard....
  10. There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made

There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made: My computer has been running a bit slow lately, so I tried to factory reset it. It was working out well until it reached around 35%, and I got an error message saying no changes were made and reset was failed. I tried this 3 more times with similar results. Can somebody...