Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

Discus and support There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Surface Book 2 and I wanted to do a clean my files rest as I'm selling it. I used the Microsoft Surface Recovery image. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gr1980, Mar 11, 2019.

1. gr1980 Win User

There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

Hello.

I have a Surface Book 2 and I wanted to do a clean my files rest as I'm selling it. I used the Microsoft Surface Recovery image.

I have messed something up. I got the error there was a problem resetting your Pc and now I can't boot into windows. Alll I get is the Surface UEFI screen.

Please help me!

:)

gr1980, Mar 11, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 11, 2019
  4. There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

Unable to boot into Windows 10 & Reset PC !! Help

My PC is unable to boot it fails and goes into recovery.

In recovery when i select Reset PC (Keep files) it goes to the preparing screen then returns me to the Recovery screen after about 2 seconds.

I downloaded the Installation Media to try the Reset PC from there but the Reset PC option is not showing up through the Recovery Disk.

I am unable to boot or rest my PC !!

Backstory:

PC was windows 7 upgraded to Win 10 ( Worked great)

Recently Noticed PC CPU usage was 100% and much slower

I did a Reset PC though the Windows installation - worked as expected.

However i only installed Adobe PDF and Chrome before i noticed my CPU Usage was still 100% when should be idle.

I then disabled windows search and superfetch and restarted my pc and arrived to the problem now - Unable to boot to windows & unable to Reset PC ...

KerwinTrini, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

1. There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - was problem resetting

2. "There was a problem resetting your pc; No changes were made" Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "There was a problem resetting your pc; No changes were made" Windows 10 Reset: Hi, I'm trying to reset my PC. I'm trying the option to reset it while retaining my personal files, but whenever I do, around 35% completion it tells me that "there was a problem resetting your pc" and that "no changes were made". After entering C:\$SysReset\Logs\Setupact.log...
  3. Unable to reset PC

Unable to reset PC: Hello, So for nearly 2 hours, I've been trying to wipe my computer in multiple ways. I went to recovery in the settings app, I looked in bios for settings, I tried to boot directly into recovery mode with shit + restart and I even tried the Windows Fresh Start but that...
  4. Unable to reset pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to reset pc: To start off, I was trying to update my gpu drivers and needed to reboot to finish the installation. Once I did I got stuck with the status: 0xc000007b. I’ve tried booting in every single startup setting but just get back to the screen with the error. I’ve also tried to reset...
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: I've been trying to reset my laptop MANY times, but it'll always tell me this "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made", I really need to reset my laptop. Any solutions out there? I watched YouTube, searched for articles regarding it, but none seemed to...
  6. There was a problem resetting your pc.

There was a problem resetting your pc.: My dell pc is starting up slowly and performance became slower so I wanted to reset my pc. But when I enter setting do reset it is showing as " There was a problem resetting your pc" I have tried the following steps after entering into boot menu troubleshoot>Advanced...
  7. Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX: How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8. This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC. This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10. Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it...
  8. There is a problem resetting your pc

There is a problem resetting your pc: its almost two days that I'm trying to reset my pc but I am getting an error "There is a problem resetting your pc". The reason why I am resetting are due to browsers (ie, chrome, Mozilla, opera) cant connect thru the internet and skype cant login. *cry I tried to read some...
  9. There was a problem while resetting your PC

There was a problem while resetting your PC: So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs. Today I've gathered up the courage to do this myself. I've made a back up Recovery image, created a restore point and went on....
  10. Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC

Windows 10 Clean install: There was a problem while resetting your PC: Hi there, I've been having some troubles with my laptop recently. I seems that my home WIFI router has been hacked and now I've some serious trouble. I tried to do a system restore, but that failed with the message "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were...