Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

Discus and support There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Surface Book 2 and I wanted to do a clean my files rest as I'm selling it. I used the Microsoft Surface Recovery image. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gr1980, Mar 11, 2019.

1. gr1980 Win User

There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

Hello.

I have a Surface Book 2 and I wanted to do a clean my files rest as I'm selling it. I used the Microsoft Surface Recovery image.

I have messed something up. I got the error there was a problem resetting your Pc and now I can't boot into windows. Alll I get is the Surface UEFI screen.

Please help me!

:)

gr1980, Mar 11, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 11, 2019
  4. There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

Unable to boot into Windows 10 & Reset PC !! Help

My PC is unable to boot it fails and goes into recovery.

In recovery when i select Reset PC (Keep files) it goes to the preparing screen then returns me to the Recovery screen after about 2 seconds.

I downloaded the Installation Media to try the Reset PC from there but the Reset PC option is not showing up through the Recovery Disk.

I am unable to boot or rest my PC !!

Backstory:

PC was windows 7 upgraded to Win 10 ( Worked great)

Recently Noticed PC CPU usage was 100% and much slower

I did a Reset PC though the Windows installation - worked as expected.

However i only installed Adobe PDF and Chrome before i noticed my CPU Usage was still 100% when should be idle.

I then disabled windows search and superfetch and restarted my pc and arrived to the problem now - Unable to boot to windows & unable to Reset PC ...

KerwinTrini, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10

1. There was a problem resetting your PC - unable to boot into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - was problem resetting

2. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10: So my pc is getting problem, some apps cant run it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003eThen I want to reset this pc but it says: there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10.I try to sfc /scannow but it says: Windows Resource Protection found...
  3. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10: So my pc is getting problem, some apps cant run it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003eThen I want to reset this pc but it says: there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10.I try to sfc /scannow but it says: Windows Resource Protection found...
  4. there was a problem resetting your pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC": I have been trying to reset my PC all day. Its been stuttering randomly lately and its been 2 years since I installed windows, so I figured it was time for a clean wipe. I was able to go through the process and got through the "Resetting your PC X%" screen and then it took me...
  6. Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC": I've read so many guides to this now, but I am eternally stuck. I am simply trying to reset to factory settings, but after 1% progress I get "There was a problem resetting your PC". I've attempted sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, but I get "Windows Resource Protection...
  7. Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC

Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC: Hi, I want to reset my MSI, because my disk space in C is few GBs (although all my personal files are in D drive). I have two drives, C (where windows is installed) and D (where my data are saved + some software are installed). In attachment below you can see the available...
  8. Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC: Hi, I want to reset my MSI, because my disk space in C is few GBs (although all my personal files are in D drive). I have two drives, C (where windows is installed) and D (where my data are saved + some software are installed). In attachment below you can see the available...
  9. Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC

Can't reset Windows 10: There was a problem resetting your PC: Hi, I want to reset my MSI, because my disk space in C is few GBs (although all my personal files are in D drive). I have two drives, C (where windows is installed) and D (where my data are saved + some software are installed). In attachment below you can see the...
  10. problem resetting windows 10. it shows "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC"

problem resetting windows 10. it shows "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC": I tried resetting windows 10 using the reset option in settings. But the resetting process gets aborted before it ends and it shows : "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC no changes were made"...