Windows 10: There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts error for Windows Setup

Discus and support There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts error for Windows Setup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Setting up the Windows operating system on a computer is a complex task. There are several things that go in the background to ensure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts error for Windows Setup

WinClub, Apr 19, 2019

2. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 19, 2019
  3. long running script error on IE11

what long running script error?

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 19, 2019
  4. There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts error for Windows Setup

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts error for Windows Setup

1. There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts error for Windows Setup - Similar Threads - was problem running

2. Problems with cmd and setup location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with cmd and setup location.: When i try to install Python in windows 10, the file location keeps inmutable and i cant change it, also, if i try to install it into the default location what happens is that cmd doesn't detect it, i try to add the file path to the path in environment variables and i try to...
  3. Problems with cmd and setup location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with cmd and setup location.: When i try to install Python in windows 10, the file location keeps inmutable and i cant change it, also, if i try to install it into the default location what happens is that cmd doesn't detect it, i try to add the file path to the path in environment variables and i try to...
  4. Problems with cmd and setup location.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems running a ps1 script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems running a ps1 script: I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The script ran perfectly before I did a Window 11 reinstall recently. Any help in laymans terms on how to resolve would be greatly...
  6. cmd script error

cmd script error: This script used to work or maybe I'm feeding the wrong parameters. But can anyone see what's wrong and why I get an error. I am trying to get a property of an mp3 file. The name of the script is get_info.bat. The contents of the file is: @if .%3==. echo Syntax: %0...
  7. runtime error in setup script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    runtime error in setup script: im installing some application, and this error accuired[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-error-in-setup-script/d68ab0fd-fa5d-4bdb-b6d1-29ba8c479050
  8. CMD script to run other scripts then end them after a day

CMD script to run other scripts then end them after a day: I need to write a cmd script that I can run and it will start another bash script. Then. After 24 Hours stop that process and restart it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-script-to-run-other-scripts-then-end-them/db8702d0-b02b-4447-a80d-2b6a660ef7a5
  9. Windows 10 setup error - "There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts."

Windows 10 setup error - "There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts.": Hello All, We are in a domain network. We have Windows 10 installed with 1803 (OS Build 17134.590). We are trying to install 1809 in all machines. So far now we have 4 computers that are having this error. (Error code - 0xc19001e2) We are trying to install 1809 by using...
  10. Windows 10 setup error - "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts"

Windows 10 setup error - "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts": Hello, I am upgrading 10 version 1803 to 1809. However, because of work, I turned off the laptop. When upgrading again, report an error - "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts". I have Windows 10 pro (64 bit system). my laptop is dell latitude 5590...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts

2. problem running preinstall.cmd scripts

3. preinstall.cmd script error

4. preinstall.cmd scripts error,
  5. there was a problem running preinstall.cmd,
  6. There was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts.,
  7. there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scipts,
  8. running preinstall.cmd scripts,
  9. windows 10 there was a problem running preinstall.cmd,
  10. there was problem running peinstal.cmd scripts in dell latitude,
  11. how to get preinstall.cmd,