Windows 10: "There was a problem starting 44888"

Discus and support "There was a problem starting 44888" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I went to play a game for the first time in a while on Steam, if it's important it's called Dawn of War: Soulstorm, I got an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott_0793, Jul 9, 2019.

1. "There was a problem starting 44888"

Hi, I went to play a game for the first time in a while on Steam, if it's important it's called Dawn of War: Soulstorm, I got an error message saying "There was a problem starting 44888, then when I tried again it said a different number, then again with a different number. The only thing they have in common is the fact that the error message has "RunDLL above it" I can't find a fix for this on Google, and I apologize if this has been answered, but is there a way to fix this?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

:)

Scott_0793, Jul 9, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jul 9, 2019
  4. dmccoy Win User

"There was a problem starting 44888"

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

"There was a problem starting 44888"

1. "There was a problem starting 44888" - Similar Threads - was problem starting

2. Starting problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting problem: Dear AllGreetingsI am running windows 10 Pro 21H2. Recently the problem started. When I press the start button to start the computer it shown windows starting icon but after that a blue screen for some time if I press the start button again it goes to standby mode and when I...
  3. Starting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting problem: Dear AllGreetingsI am running windows 10 Pro 21H2. Recently the problem started. When I press the start button to start the computer it shown windows starting icon but after that a blue screen for some time if I press the start button again it goes to standby mode and when I...
  4. Starting problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Starting problem

Starting problem: My windows 10 not starting windows logo black screen loading only Serval times power off my pc then open automatic repair select account showing my account enter the password I enter the password correctly but showing in correct pls help me...
  6. Problem Starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Starting: Could some one tell me what can I do to solve the below messenger: There was a problem starting C:\User\zzzz~1\CNMSSC~1.DLL C:\User\zzzz~1\CNMSSC~1.DLL is not a valid Win32 application....
  7. STARTING PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STARTING PROBLEM: I AM GETTING A MESSAGE ON SCREEN WRITTEN AS PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM STOPCODE IS KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/starting-problem/9f8fd302-5e11-490e-9171-41296e30e18a
  8. Problem in starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in starting: After I have recently updated my PC from windows 10 to 10 pro, there is a message on my screen " There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\logLDA.dll The specific module could not be found" while I start my PC. Kindly help to resolve this. Thank You...
  9. Starting problem

Starting problem: start up screen start takes too long time. initial start up screen start takes too long after pressing start button on staring up my laptop the booting takes too much time to open the desktop screen, when it was brand new on pressing the start button it use to start...
  10. Start Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Problem: I have a problem with my Start. My mouse does not correspond with what app is highlighted, or anything in start for that matter: [ATTACH] It doesnt show in the screenshot, but my mouse was on calculator. However, it highlights 3D Viewer. I tried restarting my laptop, but...