Windows 10: there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml

Discus and support there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just got my free upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 and I cannot access the personalization screen to change or access my my screen saver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chicagoguy1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml

Hello,

I just got my free upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 and I cannot access the personalization screen to change or access my my screen saver password. I get this all the time now:

there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml
    The parameter is incorrect.

Any idea how to fix it. I ran several such as JRT, AdwCleaner, CCleaner, and Malewarebytes they all came up clean.

Greatly appreciate your help

:)

chicagoguy1, Aug 15, 2015
  2. BuddyFarr Win User

there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml The parameter is incorrect.

I get the same error. I can open settings, but no items within the settings page. all of them give me that same javascript error. this is just after upgrading from win7 to win10.

BuddyFarr, Aug 15, 2015
  3. there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml The parameter is incorrect.

Hello,

After installing Win 10 from Win 7 I get this error:

The parameter is incorrect.

I ran all the related software such as CCleaner, Malewarebytes, AdwCleaner and they all came up clean.

HELP

RobertGruzanski, Aug 15, 2015
  4. HMD1975 Win User

I am getting the same erroe message as quoted below please help!

HMD1975, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Same issue here. But I wonder, anyone able to uninstall Internet Explorer browser? Could the browser be the possible culprit? And it may have something to do with disabling Cortana

voicemaster3000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml - Similar Threads - was problem starting

2. JavaScript error

in Windows 10 Customization
    JavaScript error: [ATTACH] I wanted to use the program called senpai.gg, but when I open the application, I get this error. I couldn't find any solution. What should I do? Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/434ad75d-2598-44ed-b3e1-75e7f163ebf0
  3. JavaScript

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JavaScript: when I try to connect to the internet a lot of times it comes up I'm connected I try to go to a web site and in the left side of the monitor it comes up JavaScript is corrupt. Can anyone help please Roy...
  4. Javascript error on start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Javascript error on start up: I do hope you can help me. I lent my husband my new office laptop and he played games on it through Steam. I have my laptop back now because he has his own but on the start-up, before I open anything, I have a JavaScript error message pop up. I can't do anything with it other...
  5. Javascript

Javascript: Suddenly, my yahoo mail changed. I tried to go back to the format I was using and received a message reading: "An extension is blocking Javascript." I went into my extensions to try and figure out which one was blocking Java, but could not figure it out. How do I find out...
  6. Javascript problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Javascript problem.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sagunmdr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxn0ho/javascript_problem/
  7. JavaScript not enabling???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JavaScript not enabling???: Hi all, for the last several months, I have been running Widow 10, version 2004, with Firefox as my browser. Lately I have not been able to open about 20% of my bookmarks. When I do, the following happens: 1 Screen comes up blank 2 Screen comes up with some login...
  8. Javascript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript: Hello, I have been trying to correct the JavaScript Error I have been getting. The windows is windows 10 Professional , and I have 16G of memory with an I-5 processor . The problem is when I try to enable HughesNet Usage meter . It used to work just fine . A desktop Icon that...
  9. javascript in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    javascript in Chrome: I need to get javascript in Chrome, but following instructions it says 'blocked by extension' and is greyed out. how do i fix this and/or other instructions. 133328
  10. Help with JavaScript

Help with JavaScript: I have inserted the message I am getting. I havw windows 10. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-javascript/e45e1a71-3446-4dcb-a012-76ec189f93ef