Windows 10: there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,...

Discus and support there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer was running flawlessly until I installed the Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 now I've lost use of one of my graphics cards and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobD.Bd, Jun 19, 2020.

1. BobD.Bd Win User

there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,...

My computer was running flawlessly until I installed the Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

now I've lost use of one of my graphics cards and the system will only allow facial recognition windows hello on one account

can this be solved without a system restore
    running windows 10 pro OS build 19041.329

windows experience 120.2202.130.0

:)

BobD.Bd, Jun 19, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Windows update in windows 10 failing: datastoreandwulogfiles.zip access denied

Hello Wendy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when checking for updates?
    • Confirm the most recent KB update that your computer is trying to install. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select Update & Security.
    • Go to Windows Update, select View installed update history.

Meanwhile, the issue might also occur due to corruption in Windows Update component files. We suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article.

Also, try to perform the steps below to troubleshoot the "Access Denied" error:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 19, 2020
  4. there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,...

Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,... [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,... [​IMG]

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,...

1. there was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL access is denied- Feature update to Windows 10,... - Similar Threads - was problem starting

2. Access Denied on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied on Windows 10: HiI cannot access the Marks & Spencer site using my Windows 10 Laptop either in Chrome or Microsoft Edge getting an Access Denied message see my attached screen grab. I have no problems doing so using my Windows 7 Laptop or any of my Android devices.Can anyone tell me what...
  3. windows 10 store does not start - access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 store does not start - access is denied: had issue with windows 10, store crashes. i reset windows back to new image, using local image.Installed all the updates. current version: 21H2 19044.1889WIndows store is not starting, use command line to start store:start ms-windows-store:still not start, i see "access is...
  4. windows 10 store does not start - access is denied

windows 10 store does not start - access is denied: had issue with windows 10, store crashes. i reset windows back to new image, using local image.Installed all the updates. current version: 21H2 19044.1889WIndows store is not starting, use command line to start store:start ms-windows-store:still not start, i see "access is...
  5. windows 10 store does not start - access is denied

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Window 10 access is denied

Window 10 access is denied: I found my computer try in to boot but goes to a blue screen then trying to repair it but is not working.Then I want to command prompt and I try to run bootrec.exe/fix boot I got access denied.Then I trough DiskpartI rename the Valium in my case drive c: where I thing the...
  7. Windows 10 Access denied

Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  8. Access Denied to Personal Folders after Feature Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied to Personal Folders after Feature Update: Hi, I am unable to open 3 folders on my Windows 10 Home edition. My Pictures, My Videos, My Music. I keep getting this message... Location is not available. Access is denied. I have tried all the solutions I can find on the internet, such as making sure I have ownership...
  9. Access is denied Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access is denied Windows 10: Hello, I get access is denied when trying to access Application Data folder for example, even though I am the admin of my computer. How come? And how do I fix it? Regards...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Update Start Up problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update Start Up problems: Why does my computer check and repair the c drive on every start up since I installed the windows 10 feature update and how do I repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-feature-update-start-up-problems/2e492135-629b-4986-b04b-d1c1bf85e852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. There was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL Access is denied.