Windows 10: There was a problem while resetting your PC

Discus and support There was a problem while resetting your PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zablablukas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. There was a problem while resetting your PC

So over the recent months I've been running into problems with W10 updates and I've found out that a lot of people fixed them by resetting their PCs. Today I've gathered up the courage to do this myself. I've made a back up Recovery image, created a restore point and went on. When I started the reset process I chose to keep all my files. PC restarted, loaded the "Preparing" bar, wrote "Resetting PC 1%" and then restarted again. Booted up normally and wrote me the error stated in the title. I googled for an answer and found a couple. Some people tried doing this with the installation .iso burnt onto a DVD. So I also tried it. Same result. I found a tutorial to create a WIN-RECOVERY folder in the C drive and copied the install.wim file from the .iso and set the recovery path through the command prompt. Same result. I actually don't know what to do here. It's the first time I'm seeing this kind of error. I would appreciate if someone could help me out here. Thank You for Your time!

:)

zablablukas, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Silentcer Win User

"There was a problem resetting your PC. There were no changes made."

Hi,

Today, I decided to reset my laptop. However, when i tried to reset it, there was an error saying, "There was a problem resetting your PC. There were no changes made.". Now, numerous apps cannot work anymore and kept crashing. Examples are Microsoft Edge,
    Store, Roblox ect. The Windows and Notification button cannot work too. I cannot search anything in the Search Box too. Yes, recently, I had Microleaves virus. Now, I have gotten rid of it. The thing that I'm worrying about is that I couldn't reset my PC and
    couldn't open numerous apps. Please help me as soon as possible.

Note: I'm not that old yet and doesn't know much about tech. I couldn't try the WinRE method as I don't have any CDs or anything.

Thanks.

Silentcer, Jul 1, 2016
  3. "There was a problem resetting your PC. There were no changes made."

Hi,

Since you have indicated that you are not much familiar with technical stuff and you would need to reset your computer, the best option you can do on your end is to contact your device manufacturer for better assistance in regards to the resetting of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

There was a problem while resetting your PC

from command prompt(admin) type

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    list partition
    exit
    reagentc /info

post a pic of cmd window

Kyhi, Jul 1, 2016
  5. There was a problem while resetting your PC [​IMG]

There was a problem while resetting your PC [​IMG]

zablablukas, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Hope this helps.

zablablukas, Jul 2, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    restore your backup image...

Kyhi, Jul 2, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition

post pic

Kyhi, Jul 2, 2016
  9. Do you mean this file?

There was a problem while resetting your PC [​IMG]

It's the only one I've created. I've also made some restore points but they seem to be gone now.

zablablukas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. There was a problem while resetting your PC - Similar Threads - was problem while

2. There was problem resetting your Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was problem resetting your Pc: Im unable to reset my pc I have tried all steps here advised by community all youtube tricks tried through boot option in troubleshoot reset option is missing reagent is not enabling Im trying to reset because I had installed game due to that my windows securtiy stopped...
  3. There was problem resetting your Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There was problem resetting your Pc: Im unable to reset my pc I have tried all steps here advised by community all youtube tricks tried through boot option in troubleshoot reset option is missing reagent is not enabling Im trying to reset because I had installed game due to that my windows securtiy stopped...
  4. There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a problem resetting your PC: Hello,My PC is stuck in a loop of Choose an option. I want to just reset it to Clean Windows install.When I try to do it, it says There was a problem Resetting your PC.I would like to use my computer, Any help appreciated...
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem resetting your PC: Hello,My PC is stuck in a loop of Choose an option. I want to just reset it to Clean Windows install.When I try to do it, it says There was a problem Resetting your PC.I would like to use my computer, Any help appreciated...
  6. There is problem in reset your pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is problem in reset your pc.: My laptop doesn't boot properly it shows your PC does not start properly I tried every method and at the end I got for reset your pc without losing yours files but it also show error that their is some problem No changes were made can you please help me. All I see blue screen...
  7. Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Reset PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC": I've read so many guides to this now, but I am eternally stuck. I am simply trying to reset to factory settings, but after 1% progress I get "There was a problem resetting your PC". I've attempted sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, but I get "Windows Resource Protection...
  8. There was a problem resetting your pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There was a problem resetting your pc: I've been trying to reset my pc for hours but I keep getting that message. I've watched many videos and tutorials but nothing has worked. I have made a bootable usb flash drive. Should I boot from that and reinstall windows? Will that delete all my files and apps? submitted...
  9. There was a problem resetting your pc.

There was a problem resetting your pc.: My dell pc is starting up slowly and performance became slower so I wanted to reset my pc. But when I enter setting do reset it is showing as " There was a problem resetting your pc" I have tried the following steps after entering into boot menu troubleshoot>Advanced...
  10. There is a problem resetting your pc

There is a problem resetting your pc: its almost two days that I'm trying to reset my pc but I am getting an error "There is a problem resetting your pc". The reason why I am resetting are due to browsers (ie, chrome, Mozilla, opera) cant connect thru the internet and skype cant login. *cry I tried to read some...