Windows 10: there was an error trying to contact the server

Discus and support there was an error trying to contact the server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Get this error message every time. https://rollwithryan.com/html/error.html?aspxerrorpath=/en-us/Register... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardCaudle, Jul 13, 2019.

1. there was an error trying to contact the server

HowardCaudle, Jul 13, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 13, 2019
  3. thesaint2 Win User
    new contacts not useable

Good Morning Ken & Helmut,
    Ken, the "Mail" contacts list works for all current contacts - but not for newly inserted contacts, even after a reset of the laptop.

Helmut, Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them as soon as I get a chance.

thesaint2, Jul 13, 2019
  4. there was an error trying to contact the server

outlook contacting server

hi
    i contacted vodafone, it seems my ip that is given by servers to my modem is in black list.
    he tried with fix ip, i went to outlook and problem dissapear, when he puts in dhcp he get the same ip and problem get back.
    Vodafone engineering is going to resolve tomorrow

fjabrantes, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

there was an error trying to contact the server

1. there was an error trying to contact the server - Similar Threads - was error trying

2. There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact...: There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact your system administrator with the error code 80004005...
  3. There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact...: There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact your system administrator with the error code 80004005...
  4. There was an error communicating with the server . you can try to do this again or contact...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Contacting the server for information"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Contacting the server for information": When attempting to Open or Save a WORD or EXCEL document, a dialogue box often opens with the following message: "Contacting the server for information"I usually have to "end task" from Task Manager but this issue seems to occur rather routinely. This is my first Surface...
  6. "Contacting the server for information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Contacting the server for information": When attempting to Open or Save a WORD or EXCEL document, a dialogue box often opens with the following message: "Contacting the server for information"I usually have to "end task" from Task Manager but this issue seems to occur rather routinely. This is my first Surface...
  7. "Contacting the server for information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot Contact DHCP Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Contact DHCP Server: (Rather complex problem, which probably should be in two forums, but I'm going to start here. I am using my wife's computer due to the problem, which is compounded by incredibly slow Internet speed today; it is so slow that speed tests won't load. I checked the DSL modem, it...
  9. outlook contacting server

in Microsoft Office and 365
    outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...
  10. outlook contacting server

in Windows 10 Support
    outlook contacting server: hi i have windwos 10 pro all updated, and office pro 2016 all legal licenses and kaspersky internet security. when i was in netcabo operator or net by cable in this case called NOS in Portugal i had no problems. since i change to Vodafone fiber, this problems arrived. i am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. There was an error trying to access your My Media Server