Windows 10: "There's a problem with *app name and path*. Repair and reinstall

Discus and support "There's a problem with *app name and path*. Repair and reinstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I get this error everytime I attempt to open a Windows App. "There's a problem with *app name and path*. Contact your system administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kinguin, Mar 11, 2016.

1. kinguin Win User

"There's a problem with *app name and path*. Repair and reinstall

Hey guys, I get this error everytime I attempt to open a Windows App. "There's a problem with *app name and path*. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." This happens for all Windows apps, including the store. I've attached a pic.

Thanks!
    "There's a problem with *app name and path*. Repair and reinstall [​IMG]

:)

kinguin, Mar 11, 2016

2. There’s a problem with Xbox. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

Hello,

Try re-registering Xbox app. Run following command in administrative Windows PowerShell:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.XboxApp | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

See if this helps you, Good luck!

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 11, 2016
  3. There’s a problem with "App Name". Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it, can't open Store either

None of the methods worked

hamedal-safi, Mar 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

2 Suugestions :

1.) Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

2.) Do a repair install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

1. "There's a problem with *app name and path*. Repair and reinstall - Similar Threads - There's problem *app

2. Disk name in path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk name in path: HelloI would like to add disk letter into path for my collegue.For example path to folder "test" saved on my computer is:C:\Desktop\TestHowever my collegue have it as:\\lcp1022\desktop\test**not exactly like that, just an exampleIs there any way to change it?...
  3. Disk name in path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk name in path: HelloI would like to add disk letter into path for my collegue.For example path to folder "test" saved on my computer is:C:\Desktop\TestHowever my collegue have it as:\\lcp1022\desktop\test**not exactly like that, just an exampleIs there any way to change it?...
  4. Disk name in path

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. This app encountered a problem. Reinstall to repair. State of decay 2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app encountered a problem. Reinstall to repair. State of decay 2.: State of decay 2 keeps coming up with this problem on the windows store almost every time i close the game. Already reinstalled it 3 times and i cant keep downloading the game over again everytime i want to play it. anthing i can do to stop this from Happening?...
  6. Apps missing and cannot repair or reinstall

Apps missing and cannot repair or reinstall: Calculator is about the only Microsoft App I use but I frequently find it missing from the list: [img] But it's worse on this occasion. I've previously successfully used the following (obscure) Powershell command, which restored all apps: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |...
  7. Apps missing and cannot repair or reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps missing and cannot repair or reinstall: Calculator is about the only Microsoft App I use but I frequently find it missing from the list: [img] But it's worse on this occasion. I've previously successfully used the following (obscure) Powershell command, which restored all apps: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |...
  8. Run program only by typing it's name (App Paths)

Run program only by typing it's name (App Paths): Hi folks, I have some questions about the registry value "App Paths". HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ The value is used to specify programas that you can run only by typing the name of the program in the run command (WINDOWS + R)....
  9. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. Problem reinstalling uwp apps

Problem reinstalling uwp apps: Hello everyone, hope you can help me. I recently installed an SSD in my laptop. Before that, I had some Microsoft Store (non-default) apps installed in my HDD (on a secondary partition named DATA). After I cloned the OS from the HDD to the SSD and booted Windows from it I...