Windows 10: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

Discus and support "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thwomp, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Thwomp Win User

"There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator."

:)

Thwomp, Jul 18, 2022

2. Vista HB reinstall = no original apps; help?

Computer: emachines W3611; Vista HmBSC w/DVDPk OEMAct

Problem: After system crash, os was reinstalled from original emachines operating disk.
    After this install, original programs/applications (ie. Digital Media Player, Cyberlink DVD software. etc.) did not reinstall, nor did any emachines support, like "e Recovery".
    Emachines web site says to "reinstall original programs/applications" using eRecovery and
    recovery media; but this is no longer on machine.

Notes: Machine is no longer under warranty. Original recovery partition on "d" is still intact.

How can I restore or find original apps?

Thanks!!!

acybersleuth, Jul 18, 2022
  3. cortana problem after the update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are facing problem with Cortana on your PC.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Cortana's regions and languages

Also perform these steps and check:

1. Click on Cortana icon on the taskbar and sign in with your Microsoft Account
    2. If you still receive the same message, go to Microsoft Store and search for Cortana.
    3. Click on the Get button, and install the update from the Store
    4. Launch Cortana, sign into it.

If the issue persists then reinstall/re-register Cortana.

1. Press Windows + X key and click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste the below command and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Restart the PC and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 18, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

"There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

1. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install... - Similar Threads - There’s problem Cortana

2. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Hi i'm Zach and this thing happens after i reset my laptop There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator. always popping up when im trying to install an app i tried restarting it and when im trying to open...
  3. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...: ''There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator.'' This is what it says when I download, and open files And The Microsoft store isn't here anymore And all apps I had was deleted except for Microsoft...
  4. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...: ''There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator.'' This is what it says when I download, and open files And The Microsoft store isn't here anymore And all apps I had was deleted except for Microsoft...
  5. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  6. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Cortana
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  7. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...: I couldnt open any Microsoft store apps or the Microsoft store and couldnt find any solutions so I just factory reset my PC and it only made it worse. The Microsft store isint even on my computer along with a ton of default apps including: CMD, Powershell, and Registry...
  8. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Hello i got alot of problems on my windows 10 HP laptop everytime i open a file or a game app it says "Theres a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator". And i also have one where it says "You'll Need a...
  9. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Customization
    There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Hello i got alot of problems on my windows 10 HP laptop everytime i open a file or a game app it says "Theres a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator". And i also have one where it says "You'll Need a...
  10. There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Gaming