Windows 10: There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue.

Discus and support There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a usb device, when I plug it in to my pc, it says there's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timothy Boules, Jan 16, 2021.

1. There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue.

Hello, I have a usb device, when I plug it in to my pc, it says there's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it. I've tried everything. I've tried using cmd to repair, didn't work, I uninstalled the usb drivers an device, didn't work. I tried scanning the usb for errors and it tried to scan, but it said it had an error and didn't scan. Can someone please tell me how to access my device? I can't copy files to it of delete files from it.

:)

Timothy Boules, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2021
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue.

little cat, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue.

1. There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it issue. - Similar Threads - There's problem drive

2. Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive: My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result I have been trying to back it up. Before I can back it up windows tells me I should scan and fix the drive but this has...
  3. Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive: My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result I have been trying to back it up. Before I can back it up windows tells me I should scan and fix the drive but this has...
  4. "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it." with an HDD

"There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it." with an HDD: I had an old Mac computer before, on which I had an SSD with macOS X 10.9.5 and a 500GB HDD with two partitions, one of which was invisible, but I never knew it even existed so did nothing about it, only using the second partition of 360GB size. After that, I mounted an...
  5. "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it." with an HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it." with an HDD: I had an old Mac computer before, on which I had an SSD with macOS X 10.9.5 and a 500GB HDD with two partitions, one of which was invisible, but I never knew it even existed so did nothing about it, only using the second partition of 360GB size. After that, I mounted an...
  6. Scan and Fix on USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan and Fix on USB Drive: Hey everyone,I have a USB drive that's had some issues for some time. It takes time to load all the files, and sometimes the File Explorer crashes and I have to remove and re plug the drive. However, I've always been able to access my files just fine after a few...
  7. Scan and Fix on USB Drive

Scan and Fix on USB Drive: Hey everyone,I have a USB drive that's had some issues for some time. It takes time to load all the files, and sometimes the File Explorer crashes and I have to remove and re plug the drive. However, I've always been able to access my files just fine after a few...
  8. "Scanning and repairing" Drive C: doesn't fix problem

"Scanning and repairing" Drive C: doesn't fix problem: When I tried use the backup utility for my C: drive I got a message saying the backup size was 0. I scanned the remote target drive and it said there were no errors.When I ran "check" on my C: drive it said there were errors and I needed to restart to repair them. I...
  9. "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it.": Hello, so I keep getting an error when I plug in my USB to multiple computers. It keeps saying: "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it."I would scan it, but it freezes? I don't really know what it's doing. Basically it would just sit like this and...
  10. There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it - Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it - Windows10: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new Microsoft Surface laptop and when I plug in my Iomega eGo 1.5TB Portable Hard Drive I get the error message "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it". I have scanned it and "fixed it" several times both via...