Windows 10: There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it

Discus and support There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason there is a google chrome tab at the top of my screen that never goes away, even when I delete all tabs. It is completely different that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StacieBiggs, Nov 6, 2020.

1. There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it

For some reason there is a google chrome tab at the top of my screen that never goes away, even when I delete all tabs. It is completely different that what I normally have, since I have a background on my google homepage, but it does not show up using this other google tab. It is completely separate too, I have two tabs open on two different googles right now. I was wondering if this was a virus of some kind, it did show up after I downloaded something online, but I downloaded off of a well known source, and my friends who downloaded off the same exact website had none of the problems I have. It is very annoying as it takes up a decent portion of the screen, and I am not sure how to get rid of it. I have deleted the program I downloaded, but that didn't solve anything. I tried downloading a pirate game lol

So yeah i done goofed..There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it [​IMG]and i cant get rid of it

:)

StacieBiggs, Nov 6, 2020
  2. MagsSam1 Win User

tabs at top

i have tabs showing at the top, taking up half of the screen. Can't get rid of them

MagsSam1, Nov 6, 2020
  3. tab on top of my screen on computer

How to get rid of small tab on top of my computer?

PatriciaGregg2, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it

a pop up asking if I want to stay on the page or leave it appears. How do I get rid of it?

Hi,

If your using Internet Explorer then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open internet Explorer.

• Press Alt + T + O + T.

• Uncheck the option “Warn me when closing multiple tabs”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it

1. There's a tab open at the top of my screen and I can't get rid of it - Similar Threads - There's tab open

2. How can I get rid of the "AudioSmart" on the top of my screen, because it really is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the "AudioSmart" on the top of my screen, because it really is...: I don't really know what Audio Smart is for, but I don't wanna uninstall it even if it's annoying, because I'm afraid things may get out of order when I do. So I will appreciate it if someone will bother to tell me what's it for. It shows whenever I am joining a meeting on MS...
  3. Can't alt tab when I set my taskbar to the top of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't alt tab when I set my taskbar to the top of my screen: Yesterday I couldn't alt tab into any of my games and the only way I was able to get in is if I spam the game icon on my taskbar. For some reason setting my taskbar to the bottom of my screen fixes it. I don't really like it at the bottom so I wanted to know if there was a...
  4. weird rectangle in the top left that I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird rectangle in the top left that I can't get rid of: There's this rectangle that I used to be able to get rid of by going to my Performance Options and changing it but lately it hasn't being working and it won't go away until I restart my pc [ATTACH]...
  5. GETTING RID OF ICONS ON MY DESK TOP THAT WLL NOT OPEN

GETTING RID OF ICONS ON MY DESK TOP THAT WLL NOT OPEN: HOW DO I GET RID OF ICONS ON MY DESK TOP THAT I CAN NOT DELETE, OR MOVE ANY WHERE ELSE WHEN I CLICK ON THEM AND TRY TO DRAG THEM IT JUST MAKES THE SCREEN LOOK BLUE IT DOES NOTHING THANK YOU...
  6. tab on top of my screen on computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tab on top of my screen on computer: How to get rid of small tab on top of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tab-on-top-of-my-screen-on-computer/f10b6888-4069-434d-a852-d695943e06c4
  7. How do I get rid of this at the top of my screen, it gets in the way a lot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this at the top of my screen, it gets in the way a lot: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpelliCupBitch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etx40x/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_at_the_top_of_my_screen/
  8. What is this on my screen and can't get rid of it

What is this on my screen and can't get rid of it: [ATTACH] Not sure what this is but I need it taken off please help thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-on-my-screen-and-cant-get-rid-of-it/9da04fb7-deea-462d-8832-0f9bb33bf396
  9. get rid of these date tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of these date tabs: By the way, any idea how can i get rid of these "date" tabs? Marked in red boxes. [ATTACH] 137962
  10. Tabs at top of screen

Tabs at top of screen: I would like to know how to get the tabs tray, at the top of the screen removed. It takes up the top 3 inches of my screen, leaving me with a small screen. Driving me nuts....