Windows 10: Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar

Discus and support Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no idea how to fix this problem, I spent around a hour trying to fix it last night but nothing worked. I tried youtube tutorials and all of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Real_Echo689, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar

I have no idea how to fix this problem, I spent around a hour trying to fix it last night but nothing worked. I tried youtube tutorials and all of them were outdated and didn't work.

I don't know whats causing this to happen.

Video of what it looks like

submitted by /u/Real_Echo689
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Real_Echo689, Mar 18, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Cannot type full word in windows search, edge address bar or search bar.

David,

I have tried the suggested DSIM actions previously without success.

AS mentioned, if I paste the text string (or url) into the search/address bars, then the function works.

What I cannot do is type a text string into the bars, as I start typing, a couple of characters are shown in the predicative drop down, and as I type more, the original characters are removed and 2 ~ 3 new characters are then in the drop down list which
    constantly flashes as if searching.

This is extremely unusual behavior and also difficult to describe other than to say I cannot type a full text string with any more than 3 characters at a time making the search function totally useless EVER SINCE THE CREATOR UPDATE.

D-Ralph-HK, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar

1. Theres a text delay when I type in the search bar - Similar Threads - Theres text delay

2. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  3. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  4. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  5. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  6. Type here to search text goes green, and when I type in it it is invisible...

Type here to search text goes green, and when I type in it it is invisible...: Yeah my brothers came in and touched some stuff on my pc, I fixed the rest but I can't fix this. Just some extra information - I have the free trial of windows.snip of invisible text and green search barDoes anyone know how to fix this, if so please let me know, thanks!...
  7. Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.

Grey highlighted text appearing in my search bars and around any text I type.: Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue on my Windows 10 computer where any text I type, and any search bars I open, have a small two space wide grey box in them. I have attached pictures to show what I mean, I'm not sure how its happened but it is becoming rather annoying....
  8. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  9. When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap.

When I start typing text in START search bar, instead of icons on the left there's a gap.: Hello, I'm kind of bugged out and kinda being irritated by this one thing. To simply put it, when I'm writting something when I have pressed the START button the power button icon and others above dissapear leaving a blank space. Anyone has acrossed by this issue and has an...
  10. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...