Windows 10: theres an unknown drives on my pc

Discus and support theres an unknown drives on my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, yesterday i came home and i found on my file explorer some local disks and dvd drives.there are 3 local disks from (e), (f), and (g) also 1 dvd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeriousJudge134, May 3, 2019.

1. theres an unknown drives on my pc

So, yesterday i came home and i found on my file explorer some local disks and dvd drives.there are 3 local disks from (e), (f), and (g) also 1 dvd drives (d). i cant have any information about those disks because when i tried to click on them my file explorer stop responding and when i tried to close the file explorer, my desktop goes black and i have to wait for my desktop to restore. sometimes when i tried to open my file explorer, it will not load any of my files and it will just load for eternity. also when i boot my computer, my pc tries to scan and repairs those disks which takes about 15 minutes!!!.please tell me what to do, and also things that should be kept in mind is i just updated my windows after installing graphic card and it still works fine and i just plugged my new keyboard and mouse yesterday (its wired usb), is that the thing that makes it like that? and my 3d games stop working too, it says that the game is blocked for accessing my graphic hardware.please help me!. i really need to use my computer back as quickly as possible.

:)

SeriousJudge134, May 3, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Unknown drive

Hi Harold,

The unknown drive could be a system recovery drive or some other drive which you don't have access to it. You may follow these steps to check what kind of drive it is:

• Click on Search bar.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc.
    • Check description of the ESP (Ftheres an unknown drives on my pc :) drive. Also check whether the drive is recovery drive or System Drive.
    You may also refer to this link for Disk cleanup in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, May 3, 2019
  3. little cat, May 3, 2019
  4. theres an unknown drives on my pc

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 3, 2019
Thema:

theres an unknown drives on my pc

1. theres an unknown drives on my pc - Similar Threads - theres unknown drives

2. theres a problem with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    theres a problem with my keyboard: hello i was just waching a video on youtube and i was fast forwarding it and i think i clicked something because it went to the end of the video and i tryd on text and it when to the end of the text like when i press the arrow buttom pointing right it was all the was at the...
  3. theres a problem with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    theres a problem with my keyboard: hello i was just waching a video on youtube and i was fast forwarding it and i think i clicked something because it went to the end of the video and i tryd on text and it when to the end of the text like when i press the arrow buttom pointing right it was all the was at the...
  4. Theres no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Theres no audio: I tried to download the realtek high audio then after it got restarted there's no more sounds i cant hear anything anymore i need help asap. Im using a acer aspire 315-59. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theres-no-audio/f3f7fc18-d126-4685-ba31-9ee1c04cdefb
  5. Theres no audio

Theres no audio: I tried to download the realtek high audio then after it got restarted there's no more sounds i cant hear anything anymore i need help asap. Im using a acer aspire 315-59. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theres-no-audio/f3f7fc18-d126-4685-ba31-9ee1c04cdefb
  6. Unknown, Uninitialised drive.

Unknown, Uninitialised drive.: I know that similar problem had occured here many times already, however no solution I found and felt safe enough to execute worked.I recently installed a new internal drive on my computer and found out in disk manager that this disk is Unknown, uninitialised, uninitialasable...
  7. Unknown, Uninitialised drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown, Uninitialised drive.: I know that similar problem had occured here many times already, however no solution I found and felt safe enough to execute worked.I recently installed a new internal drive on my computer and found out in disk manager that this disk is Unknown, uninitialised, uninitialasable...
  8. Unknown, Uninitialised drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Unknown Disc Drive

Unknown Disc Drive: Using File Explorer I noticed that I had a disc drive indicated as 'USB Drive (F:)' This puzzled me as I don't have any USB drives connected; neither are there any card reader slots which may have been a reason. I checked, via Administrative Tools/Computer Management, and...
  10. Unknown drive Z:

Unknown drive Z:: Recently a unknown drive Z: appeared in my system, when I tried to open it, the message showed. Could someone tell me what it is and how to get rid of it? [img] 66915