Windows 10: There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

Discus and support There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What could it be? I'm afraid it's some sort of virus / malware / etc. I haven't clicked it yet.Last week I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus, because... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HerlinaVeronica, May 13, 2023.

1. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

What could it be? I'm afraid it's some sort of virus / malware / etc. I haven't clicked it yet.Last week I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus, because my laptop sometimes pop up random unknown icon at my systray. But when I deep scan using Kaspersky, it detects no virus / malware in my laptop.I've also scanned using Windows Security / Defender, it also detects nothing.

:)

HerlinaVeronica, May 13, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

NEW! icons keep popping up

any better suggestions how people can easily see when we have new reviews up?

W1zzard, May 13, 2023
  3. cdaniel Win User
    Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked

My assistant in the other room accidentally unplugged the router and I lost connection. I told her to plug back in. I clicked the correct connection when it appeared, but I did it too soon. From that point on, when I clicked the systray icon, nothing happened...no display of available connections. Over and over I tried clicking the systray icon and no window popped up to show available connections. If I hovered over the icon, it did say connections available..

Then I right-clicked and went into the Network & Sharing Center. I could never find where it showed available connections like in Windows 7.

Finally, I had to reboot and I had my connection back.

If this happens again, where can I find available connections so I don't have to reboot? Or even better, is there a way to get the systray icon to again be responsive?

Thanks!

cdaniel, May 13, 2023
  4. jumanji Win User

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable

Continuing .....

Note: The disk I am using for the screenshots is 750GB. Your source disk should show as 3000GB with sector size = 512 which we will be changing to 4096.

On the fifth screen you posted

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." 190790d1527833433t-external-hdd-visable-but-suddenly-gone-unreadable-a01-06-2018-08-01-47.jpg

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." 190791d1527833497t-external-hdd-visable-but-suddenly-gone-unreadable-b01-06-2018-08-44-49.jpg

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." 190792d1527833497t-external-hdd-visable-but-suddenly-gone-unreadable-c01-06-2018-09-03-49.jpg

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." 190793d1527833497t-external-hdd-visable-but-suddenly-gone-unreadable-d01-06-2018-09-44-15.jpg

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." 190794d1527833497t-external-hdd-visable-but-suddenly-gone-unreadable-e01-06-2018-11-19-37.jpg

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." 190795d1527833497t-external-hdd-visable-but-suddenly-gone-unreadable-f01-06-2018-11-05-25.jpg

If your only partition is shown and you get " Structure OK, blah ...blah....", highlight that partition and press P (Shift+ P ) (Capital P) to list the files. Post a screenshot.

If your files are listed, you can select those and copy to your 2TB Destination disk into the Recovery folder . If that drive letter is say I: then your destination to copy the files will be Directory I: \ Recovery ( Replace I with the actual drive letter of your 2TB Destination drive you noted in the second screen)

How to copy files listed by TestDisk:

Please read my post #28 here https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware...ml#post2395385
    (Note:Screenshot 5 onwards where the files are listed applies here. Ignore the first four screenshots in that post.)

At any point during the recovery process, if you have any doubts, post a screenshot and ask for clarification.

jumanji, May 13, 2023
Thema:

There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

1. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..." - Similar Threads - There's unknown icon

2. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available...": What could it be? I'm afraid it's some sort of virus / malware / etc. I haven't clicked it yet.Last week I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus, because my laptop sometimes pop up random unknown icon at my systray. But when I deep scan using Kaspersky, it detects no virus /...
  3. There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's an unknown icon suddenly pops up at my systray that says "Unread news available...": What could it be? I'm afraid it's some sort of virus / malware / etc. I haven't clicked it yet.Last week I installed Kaspersky Free Antivirus, because my laptop sometimes pop up random unknown icon at my systray. But when I deep scan using Kaspersky, it detects no virus /...
  4. UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS: Hi everyone, i got disturbed by unknown pop up windows it suddenly appeared and then dissapeared in seconds. But when i accidentally clicked when it appeared the pop up windows last name is CVDRCCC. I already googled the CVDRCCC file but i found none. Please help how to get...
  5. UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNKNOWN POP UP WINDOWS: Hi everyone, i got disturbed by unknown pop up windows it suddenly appeared and then dissapeared in seconds. But when i accidentally clicked when it appeared the pop up windows last name is CVDRCCC. I already googled the CVDRCCC file but i found none. Please help how to get...
  6. News & Interest update and systray issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    News & Interest update and systray issues: Windows 10 Home 21H1 x64 (build 19043.1052) Just installed the 6/8/21 cumulative security update that includes the News & Interests nonsense I mean taskbar function (KB5003637 for me) and am having a version of the corrupted systray icon issues that have been reported. For...
  7. Microsoft news in systray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft news in systray: How do I get this virus out of my systray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-in-systray/472e4c57-2127-4fcd-a308-3aef9177a853
  8. Microsoft news in systray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft news in systray: How do I get this virus out of my systray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-news-in-systray/472e4c57-2127-4fcd-a308-3aef9177a853
  9. Microsoft News in the Systray

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft News in the Systray: Microsoft News in the SysTray after a restart (not update associated restart) ... where did this come from????- no News app installed in Start menu- no "News" processes running- no listing in the Task Manager > Startup options- no options on right-click to close/shutdown-...
  10. unreadable choices in pop-up box

in Windows 10 Customization
    unreadable choices in pop-up box: When I right-click desktop to refresh it, the choices in the pop-up box are too dim to read. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unreadable-choices-in-pop-up-box/09caf3e0-eadd-445f-8010-e9cd41505aea