Windows 10: There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC

Discus and support There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 as I was having some problems with the PC. After reinstalling, it asked me to enter the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by milkbear, Apr 27, 2023.

1. milkbear Win User

There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC

Hi everyone, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 as I was having some problems with the PC. After reinstalling, it asked me to enter the activation code for the Microsoft Windows 10, that was fine. There was a screen that asked me to sign in with a Microsoft account or to make one. We decided to make one as we couldn’t bypass this screen without signing in. I have used the PC with multiple users created on it before, without the need for a password. Where it’s as simple as clicking the “Sign in” button and it would log on. I saw on google that if you make it into a Local account you woul

:)

milkbear, Apr 27, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 27, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 27, 2023
  4. gzt7d8 Win User

What User Account should I use for PC to be sold

I'm going to sell my PC but before I do, I'm going to put a clean install on the machine. As part of a normal installation steps, you normally login to your MS Account. But I don't want to put my account on the machine, I'm hoping you have a solution that will allow me to put some local/temp user account that the new owner can then login with their MS account name and password after they purchase the PC.

I looked through the User Tutorials but nothing jumped out at me.

What do you suggest?

Greg

gzt7d8, Apr 27, 2023
Thema:

1. There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC - Similar Threads - There’s another account

2. There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC: Hi everyone, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 as I was having some problems with the PC. After reinstalling, it asked me to enter the activation code for the Microsoft Windows 10, that was fine. There was a screen that asked me to sign in with a Microsoft account or...
  3. There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There’s another account/user I can’t seem to get rid of from my PC: Hi everyone, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 as I was having some problems with the PC. After reinstalling, it asked me to enter the activation code for the Microsoft Windows 10, that was fine. There was a screen that asked me to sign in with a Microsoft account or...
  4. If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?: This morning i've had some issues with my PC. It's the first computer i've ever owned so i was really scared and confused on what i should do. eventually some people told me i should factory reset it, so without thinking I did it, altho i should've thinked before doing it....
  5. If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?: This morning i've had some issues with my PC. It's the first computer i've ever owned so i was really scared and confused on what i should do. eventually some people told me i should factory reset it, so without thinking I did it, altho i should've thinked before doing it....
  6. If i factory reset my PC, will I also get rid of the user account i'm logged in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can’t get into my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t get into my pc: My pc keeps saying it didn’t restart correctly. I have tried every method and cannot get it to work. It won’t let me reset my files and I can’t get into safe mode. Everytime I try to get into safe mode it resets and takes me to the log in and proceeds to say I need to reset....
  8. I can’t seem to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t seem to reset my pc: Hi, I’m kinda new to both this sub Reddit but also Windows. So sorry in advance if this is an easy problem:) But I can’t seem to be able to reset my computer at all! As it says “could not find the recovery environment” I’ve tried reagentc /enable and disable nether work as it...
  9. Removing my user from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing my user from another PC: Hello I wanted to share a folder on my hard drive from my PC, and I logged on with my credentials from the other PC in the network. Now the other PC can acces my files on my HDD, connect to me via Remote Desktop, and I dont want this The question is: How can I remove my...
  10. Get rid of my user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of my user account: Hello users. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop I did so that it was not signed into any account and it just came on. So the other night I used the email application to check my email. Next time I turned the laptop on it asked for my password!!! *Mad I have now...