Windows 10: There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon

Discus and support There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; LibreOffice, the top alternative to Microsoft Office, recently landed on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 devices. As expected, this is not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 23, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon

LibreOffice, the top alternative to Microsoft Office, recently landed on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 devices. As expected, this is not the official app of LibreOffice from The Document Foundation.

In a tweet, the company told us that there is no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon. In another tweet, the company says that it may consider bringing LibreOffice to Microsoft Store but they first need to see if the distribution terms are compliant with their license.

thanks. It is not ours.

— LibreOffice (@libreoffice) July 23, 2018

As first reported by, an unknown developer quietly published the completely free productivity suite LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store with a $2.99 price tag. However, the $2.99 price tag is said to be used for donations only and you can download the full app for free.

we first need to see if the distribution terms are compliant with our license…

— LibreOffice (@libreoffice) July 23, 2018

As expected, this developer appears to be trying to make some money out of LibreOffice’s popularity. While LibreOffice is GPL and anyone has the right to sell it, they can’t call it LibreOffice or use the branding to dupe people.

The post There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 23, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 23, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jul 23, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. There’s no official app of LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store but it may arrive soon - Similar Threads - There’s official app

2. Soon, Windows 11 users may uninstall more Microsoft Stock Apps

in Windows 10 News
    Soon, Windows 11 users may uninstall more Microsoft Stock Apps: One of the main points of criticism leveled against Microsoft and its Windows 11 operating system is that many of the stock apps can't be uninstalled easily. Users who attempt to uninstall certain Microsoft apps under Settings > Apps > Installed Apps will notice that...
  3. Windows 11 may soon restore apps during setup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 may soon restore apps during setup: One of the features that Microsoft's Windows operating system was lacking up until now was an option to restore installed apps on devices during setup. Google's Android operating system, for instance, supports the functionality, so that all apps from Google Play may be...
  4. May UPDATE has not yet arrived yet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May UPDATE has not yet arrived yet: Am I right in thinking it is not surprising that the May UPDATE has not yet become available? My Tablet PC will not have been in the first waves and I know MS is being cautious, for good reasons. I am getting impatient though, because I am struggling with some issues which I...
  5. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens: So I have a *clean* install of Windows 10 Pro N. All the latest windows updates. I created the bootable USB using the Windows 10 media creation tool today. In other words, essentially the latest-and-greatest. I have installed no 3rd party applications yet. After the install...
  6. Official open source Windows Insider app coming soon

in Windows 10 News
    Official open source Windows Insider app coming soon: For those who are part of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), you'll be pleased to know that an official app is in the works. The app was teased at Microsoft's Ignite conference during a session dedicated to talking about WIP in business and enterprise. There's not a lot...
  7. WinZip’s official app now available for download in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    WinZip’s official app now available for download in Microsoft Store: WinZip Computing has launched its official app for Windows 10 devices. The app is currently available for download in the Microsoft Store with officially titled, WinZip Microsoft Edition. The WinZip app which is an exclusive Windows 10 app supports upto 26 compressed file...
  8. Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Unofficial LibreOffice app for Windows 10 pulled from the Microsoft Store: We recently reported that an independent developer rolled out LibreOffice, the completely free productivity suite, on the Microsoft Store with a $2.99 price tag. As expected, the app was published in the Microsoft Store without the permission of the parent company – The...
  9. Third-party developer publishes LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party developer publishes LibreOffice in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10: Microsoft Office has been the reigning champ of office suites. The open-source Office suite called LibreOffice is a worthy alternative to Microsoft Office and it appears that a third-party developer has published the app in the Store for Windows 10. Since its early days,...
  10. LibreOffice Anomaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice Anomaly: I have LibreOffice 5.2 installed in My HP Pavilion Desktop where it has been running satisfactorily for some time. I recently installed the program in my HP Pavilion Laptop, the version now is updated to 5.4. With the earlier version I can scan in wirelessly from any of...