Windows 10: There's something wrong with my Microsoft account

Discus and support There's something wrong with my Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So today I turned on my laptop And an update happened, I waited for and logged in, but when I put in my password in, only see when it finally loaded... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AustinjOlson, Nov 18, 2019.

1. There's something wrong with my Microsoft account

So today I turned on my laptop And an update happened, I waited for and logged in, but when I put in my password in, only see when it finally loaded that my desktop was completely different from how I had it set up, then I got a message in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen saying something about Microsoft password issues, I clicked it, and the settings came up, that's when I saw something terribly wrong, my Microsoft account name was different, it's now my gmail account name, not my original Microsoft account name, I started to have a bit of a panic attack, thinking I lost everything, I went into File Explorer and everything was gone, it was like as if I created a new Windows 10 account, the weird thing is, my Microsoft PASSWORD is still the same, but the Microsoft account name is what's different, and it shouldn't be different, yesterday my laptop and my Microsoft account was perfectly normal, but today, after a Windows 10 Update.

I hope it wasn't a hacker or anything, Please if you know how to fix this issue, please let me know!

:)

AustinjOlson, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 18, 2019
  4. There's something wrong with my Microsoft account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

There's something wrong with my Microsoft account

1. There's something wrong with my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - There's something wrong

2. Something was wrong with Local Account in my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something was wrong with Local Account in my Laptop.: Hi.I have a question I am facing on my computer which is creating a local account on Windows 10 Version 2004 and OS build 19041.2311.I've been getting this error while I was deleting some files that are taking up a lot on the 2nd user side since I'm not the owner but...
  3. Something was wrong with Local Account in my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something was wrong with Local Account in my Laptop.: Hi.I have a question I am facing on my computer which is creating a local account on Windows 10 Version 2004 and OS build 19041.2311.I've been getting this error while I was deleting some files that are taking up a lot on the 2nd user side since I'm not the owner but...
  4. Something was wrong with Local Account in my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Something went wrong while sign in with a Microsoft account.

Something went wrong while sign in with a Microsoft account.: At first, I was using Windows 10 pro with version 2004. Then I joined Windows Insider Program in Settings to preview the latest version. After the required reboot, I didn't upgrade my windows rather than reset my computer to fix some small problems. The reset finished in...
  6. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  7. trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trying to sign to Microsoft account Something went wrong: Can not do any thing with my computer. Every thing requires password which also say not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-sign-to-microsoft-account-something-went/fbcb73d8-67d2-4330-bb6d-33c21c4f32fc
  8. Something is wrong with my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something is wrong with my account: last night I was on my account and everything seemed fine and I was playing games and using some of my applications. but the next day i go to log in and all of my settings are reverted to something else which I don't want I had so many special settings in my account and now...
  9. Something is wrong with the account

Something is wrong with the account: I am unable to sign in to my account. The credentials are right. Maybe someone else is using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-is-wrong-with-the-account/705b8ae1-44bb-4c0b-acc9-9c5ffe2dd5c0
  10. something went wrong microsoft account windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    something went wrong microsoft account windows 10: i just wanted to sign in to my account today but the only thing that it says "something went wrong" any solution?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/something-went-wrong-microsoft-account-windows-10/c944368d-fefc-423b-818a-c2ecedce5e79"