Windows 10: Thermal paste

Discus and support Thermal paste in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had the i9 7900x for about a year and it looks like the thermal paste is beginning to wear on one of the cores. Consistently noticing 1-2 of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadBonk, May 17, 2019.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Thermal paste

I've had the i9 7900x for about a year and it looks like the thermal paste is beginning to wear on one of the cores. Consistently noticing 1-2 of the cores temps rising hotter than the rest. Can anyone recommend the best thermal paste they've had experience with? I'd prefer to def not de-lid or use liquid metal. I've heard both are not the easiest to perform and i do not trust my gorilla sized hands to perform such a tideous task. It's bad enough doing this lol.

:)

ChadBonk, May 17, 2019
  2. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, May 17, 2019
  3. pparks1 Win User
    Thermal Paste Questions

For the Core i7, I suggest drawing a 7 with thermal paste. For the core i5, a 5.

pparks1, May 17, 2019
  4. Dude Win User

Thermal paste

Thermal Paste Questions

*Cool

Thema:

Thermal paste

1. Thermal paste - Similar Threads - Thermal paste

2. running pc fine for years took the processer out cleaned and renewed thermal paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    running pc fine for years took the processer out cleaned and renewed thermal paste: i decided to redo the thermal paste on my processer after 4 years or so the system has been flawless with no problems i put it all bk together then noticed i had no sound i thought this was just a driver issue i reinstalled windows and still nothing i also the proceeded to...
  3. running pc fine for years took the processer out cleaned and renewed thermal paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    running pc fine for years took the processer out cleaned and renewed thermal paste: i decided to redo the thermal paste on my processer after 4 years or so the system has been flawless with no problems i put it all bk together then noticed i had no sound i thought this was just a driver issue i reinstalled windows and still nothing i also the proceeded to...
  4. running pc fine for years took the processer out cleaned and renewed thermal paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2: ffffc58be3319028Parameter 3: f6000000Parameter 4: 20411OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the...
  6. im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2: ffffc58be3319028Parameter 3: f6000000Parameter 4: 20411OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the...
  7. im having a problme with BSOD for the past 1month, i recently just change a thermal paste...

8. Queries regarding Thermal paste application on Intel 12th Generation i3 processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries regarding Thermal paste application on Intel 12th Generation i3 processors: I have recently build a PC with an Asus Motherboard and an i3 12th generation processor and mounting it with a Deepcool AG400 Cooler . The setup went quite good with the processor showing 35 C a little later at the asus Bios temperature monitor. Prior while applying a thin...
  9. Queries regarding Thermal paste application on Intel 12th Generation i3 processors

Queries regarding Thermal paste application on Intel 12th Generation i3 processors: I have recently build a PC with an Asus Motherboard and an i3 12th generation processor and mounting it with a Deepcool AG400 Cooler . The setup went quite good with the processor showing 35 C a little later at the asus Bios temperature monitor. Prior while applying a thin...
  10. Pc wont display anything after applying thermal paste to CPU and GPU and now stuck in bootloop

Pc wont display anything after applying thermal paste to CPU and GPU and now stuck in bootloop: So today I bought some thermal paste to apply to my Pc. I applied it to booth my CPU and GPU. After that I assembled and put everything back together and turned it on. All was going well until I got no display. I tried to solve the issue. I tried cleaning up any thermal paste...