Windows 10: thermal shut down occurred

Discus and support thermal shut down occurred in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my hp computer just shuts down and when i try to turn it back on it goes to a screen that said the system bios has detected that your note book pc was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stephaniemills1971, Aug 28, 2019.

1. thermal shut down occurred

my hp computer just shuts down and when i try to turn it back on it goes to a screen that said the system bios has detected that your note book pc was put into hibernation or shut down to avoid overheating may occur if the cooling vents are blocked or the operating temperature exceeds the specifications the notebook pc should return to normal operation once the situation is resolved

system temperature (90D)

enter - continue start up

now when i hit enter to start up it tries to fix its self and cant and goes to a blue screen that says

stop code bad system command

what do i do

:)

stephaniemills1971, Aug 28, 2019
  2. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 28, 2019
  4. mlee49 Win User

thermal shut down occurred

Thermal paste

Even a test run at 4Ghz would not damage the thermal paste, like DDD said the cpu will shut down before damage occurs.

You should know that the stock cooler comes with the worst thermal paste manufactured. I would strongly suggest ordering some MX-2 and an inexpensive heatsink(like the CM 212+~$25).

Also make sure your case's airflow is decent, add an additional fan if you need.

mlee49, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

thermal shut down occurred

1. thermal shut down occurred - Similar Threads - thermal shut down

2. Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer: I began encountering this error after updating certain drivers. I attempted to uninstall or rollback the drivers, but my computer was operating sluggishly at the time. Consequently, I opted to reset my computer, which resulted in smoother performance. However, despite this...
  3. Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occures when restarting or shutting down computer: I began encountering this error after updating certain drivers. I attempted to uninstall or rollback the drivers, but my computer was operating sluggishly at the time. Consequently, I opted to reset my computer, which resulted in smoother performance. However, despite this...
  4. hp 22-b010nt thermal shutdown occured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp 22-b010nt thermal shutdown occured: hello dear hp officials. While I am playing a game a game that meets the system requirements on my computer, the computer shuts down and when I turn it on, I encounter such a screen. What is the solution?...
  5. hp 22-b010nt thermal shutdown occured

hp 22-b010nt thermal shutdown occured: hello dear hp officials. While I am playing a game a game that meets the system requirements on my computer, the computer shuts down and when I turn it on, I encounter such a screen. What is the solution?...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  8. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Thermal shutdown occurred

Thermal shutdown occurred: Hi there! I own HP omen Ax250wm. I know that there are many threads for this issue. But none of them worked out for me. My laptop worked nice before. After I power on, my fans spin like crazy. Caps lock flashes 5 times and I get this issue System temperature 90D. When I...
  10. A thermal shutdown occurred

A thermal shutdown occurred: Fans are running quietly and no surfaces are warm or hot to the touch. What is causing this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-thermal-shutdown-occurred/bc6345f0-d924-4f12-accf-db170c780be8