Windows 10: These BSoD Crashes have bothered me for a long time... What should I do?

Discus and support These BSoD Crashes have bothered me for a long time... What should I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a long time, I have been getting the same type of BSoD crashes since around 2018. They always happen when Windows tries to update, so I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MathewMii, Aug 3, 2020.

1. These BSoD Crashes have bothered me for a long time... What should I do?

For a long time, I have been getting the same type of BSoD crashes since around 2018. They always happen when Windows tries to update, so I always blamed them for a while. Now I am still getting these crashes and I have completely turned off updates after getting the latest one before the 2004 one. It's really getting on my nerves since I need this PC for working on.

Here are some recent and older but relatable dmp files on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t1ntBdFrE5vxizSm3_wt5y1TN2nr_oSI?usp=sharing

As a little TLDR for a majority of them, the type of crash is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with ntoskrnl.exe as the culprit. What I know from this is that it's some sort of outdated driver that I should get rid of, but I can never find it. As for my BIOS, the last update for it was way back in 2015. My machine started its life as a Windows 8 before Windows 10 was even known to the public.

I should also point out, especially with the latest dmp file showing a different culprit, my pc likes to turn off USB ports for one second. Is this a sign of mobo failure? Either or, I plan on replacing it very soon and I might make a separate post regarding it. I just want to learn if that is a sign to look out for in the future.

I hope to get this problem fixed once and for all.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I already used the sfc scannow, the chkdsk, and the memtest64. Each ran successfully and my ram is fine. However, I have yet to test my main HHD and if a test is needed, I would like to know the best way to approach it.

submitted by /u/MathewMii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MathewMii, Aug 3, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Computer keeps crashing and having BSoD.

/query gave me a list, I read through it and found nothing mentioning driver_verifier_detected_violation. When I crashed, the PC froze. It simply stopped.

Edit: My computer crashed again, this time with a BSoD. It said KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Right before it crashed, my keyboard wouldn't enter anything, it acted as if it had no power going to it.

Prototype464XBL, Aug 3, 2020
  4. These BSoD Crashes have bothered me for a long time... What should I do?

What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

These BSoD Crashes have bothered me for a long time... What should I do?

1. These BSoD Crashes have bothered me for a long time... What should I do? - Similar Threads - BSoD Crashes bothered

2. what should I do? please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should I do? please help me: failed upload screenshot, I don't know whyedition windows 10 proprocessor : IntelR CoreTM i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzinstalled ram : 8.00 GBsystem type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorin my device manager has 4 yellow exclamation1. PCI Device2. PCI Device3....
  3. what should I do? please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should I do? please help me: failed upload screenshot, I don't know whyedition windows 10 proprocessor : IntelR CoreTM i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzinstalled ram : 8.00 GBsystem type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorin my device manager has 4 yellow exclamation1. PCI Device2. PCI Device3....
  4. what should I do? please help me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hello, my computer is showing preparing automatic repair for a long time. What should I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, my computer is showing preparing automatic repair for a long time. What should I do...: Hp laptop, window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-computer-is-showing-preparing-automatic/c32c0f68-a602-4a4a-8e69-ad1bcdfb6d04
  6. Hello, my computer is showing preparing automatic repair for a long time. What should I do...

Hello, my computer is showing preparing automatic repair for a long time. What should I do...: Hp laptop, window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-computer-is-showing-preparing-automatic/c32c0f68-a602-4a4a-8e69-ad1bcdfb6d04
  7. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is taking very long what should i do?: So, i thought of updating my windows 10 pc to 22h2 version, i was downloading the update and had to turn it off in the middle of the downloading process, then the next day i again tried to update it and it continued from where it left,it downloaded and was installing again i...
  8. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is taking very long what should i do?: So, i thought of updating my windows 10 pc to 22h2 version, i was downloading the update and had to turn it off in the middle of the downloading process, then the next day i again tried to update it and it continued from where it left,it downloaded and was installing again i...
  9. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

10. What should I do after getting BSOD?

What should I do after getting BSOD?: Hello, I was using chrome and then I encountered BSOD. It got stuck at 100%. I was forced to restart the device and then it goes BSOD again and also got stuck at 100%. I then removed the charger and then opened it again. I got the automatic repair. Now I read to zip the files...