Windows 10: These characters are appearing all over my settings. I’ve tried resetting the fonts but to...

Discus and support These characters are appearing all over my settings. I’ve tried resetting the fonts but to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Usmanify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfc0e6/these_characters_are_appearing_all_over_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Usmanify, Oct 21, 2020.

1. These characters are appearing all over my settings. I’ve tried resetting the fonts but to...

/u/Usmanify, Oct 21, 2020

2. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 21, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 21, 2020
  4. RuskinF Win User

These characters are appearing all over my settings. I’ve tried resetting the fonts but to...

Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

To restore default font settings in Windows 10, do the following:

1. Open the classic Control Panel app.
    2. Go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts.
    3. On the left, click on the link Font settings.
    4. On the next page, click on the button 'Restore default font settings'.
    The font settings will be set to default after this.

RuskinF, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

These characters are appearing all over my settings. I’ve tried resetting the fonts but to...

1. These characters are appearing all over my settings. I’ve tried resetting the fonts but to... - Similar Threads - characters are appearing

2. my desktop is scrambling placement reset -- I tried all ideas seen all over the internet .....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop is scrambling placement reset -- I tried all ideas seen all over the internet .....: my desktop keeps scrambling -- I tried all ideas seen all over the internet .. seems to happen if goes to a screen saver time out. others got to be seeing this **** also.should make this an update . as I bet many others see the same issue . I see so many complaints on this...
  3. my desktop is scrambling placement reset -- I tried all ideas seen all over the internet .....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop is scrambling placement reset -- I tried all ideas seen all over the internet .....: my desktop keeps scrambling -- I tried all ideas seen all over the internet .. seems to happen if goes to a screen saver time out. others got to be seeing this **** also.should make this an update . as I bet many others see the same issue . I see so many complaints on this...
  4. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  5. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  6. White dots appear all over my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White dots appear all over my windows: The title says it all.. It's not a dead pixels issue, it's a software issue i believe.these white dots appear when i open similar windows, see this screenshot where they disappear:it only happens in some applications.....
  7. White dots appear all over my windows

White dots appear all over my windows: The title says it all.. It's not a dead pixels issue, it's a software issue i believe.these white dots appear when i open similar windows, see this screenshot where they disappear:it only happens in some applications.....
  8. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  9. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.: Good day! So I changed fonts using the reg file tweak trick and now there is this strange box thing in the time on the taskbar where the colon is supposed to be.[ATTACH] Now, I already changed back to the default font, but it's still the same after restarting my phone. What...
  10. Font on my PC has changed to Italics, I have tried resetting to default font settings AND...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font on my PC has changed to Italics, I have tried resetting to default font settings AND...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WoodenPlatform [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj8upb/font_on_my_pc_has_changed_to_italics_i_have_tried/