Windows 10: These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future

Discus and support These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is planning to offer both Microsoft Paint and WordPad as an ‘Optional’ feature with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. In Build 18963 of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 17, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future

Microsoft is planning to offer both Microsoft Paint and WordPad as an ‘Optional’ feature with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. In Build 18963 of Windows 10 20H1, which is the next major update for the operating system that will arrive in the first half of next year, both Microsoft Paint and WordPad have become optional features.

Microsoft has quietly added both apps to the list of Optional Features in the Settings app, a page that allows you to access optional features and apps. With this setting, you can add and subtract optional features and tools, including Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.

1 of 2
    These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future Paint-optional-feature-1-709x420.jpg
    These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future WordPad-optional-feature-709x420.jpg

This also means that Paint and WordPad can be uninstalled from Windows 10. Clicking on Paint or Word in that list will present you with uninstall option. After clicking on the uninstall button, you will have to restart the device, and then Paint or WordPad will be gone from your installation.

These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future Paint-uninstalled.jpg

If you wish to reenable the app, you will have to open the same settings again and click on ‘Add a Feature’ button, which will take you to a list of available features and apps. In the next screen, you’ll also find Paint and WordPad listed in alphabetical order with an ‘Install’ button.

A system reboot is required to reinstall the optional features.

The post These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 17, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2019
  4. hello10 Win User

The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

"Microsoft wants a single unified operating system for all Windows devices, from Windows 10 PCs to the Xbox One, HoloLens, and potential future Windows Phones. But it’s not quite there yet. Today, a Microsoft project called “OneCore” means that ..."

Source: The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

That's a logical step, but with all the hardware and software incorporated, I imagine there will more 1809s or ... you fill in the blank.

hello10, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future - Similar Threads - core apps become

2. Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ryj3yt/scrolling_in_microsoft_edge_could_be_smoother_in/
  3. will windows 11 available for intel core i7-7700hq in future?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows 11 available for intel core i7-7700hq in future?: hello, is that supported CPU list finalized? or it will be updated in the future?because my PC support and pass everything in the PC health check app except the processor....
  4. will windows 11 available for intel core i7-7700hq in future?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows 11 available for intel core i7-7700hq in future?: hello, is that supported CPU list finalized? or it will be updated in the future?because my PC support and pass everything in the PC health check app except the processor....
  5. Windows 10 Notepad could still become store-updatable, separate app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Notepad could still become store-updatable, separate app: Notepad is still a very popular tool in Windows 10 and in the previous versions of the operating system. As long as Microsoft continues to keep Notepad a simple text editor without a bunch of unnecessary goodies, it is likely to remain popular and default text editor for...
  6. Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Core OS touted as the future of Windows 10 & Xbox: Microsoft has been working on a secretive Windows Core OS as the underpinnings of its future iterations of Windows 10. While Microsoft hasn’t officially announced the project, multiple references to Windows Core OS have appeared in official documents and LinkedIn job posts...
  7. How AI could shape the future of journalism

in Windows 10 News
    How AI could shape the future of journalism: Editor’s note: What impact can AI have on journalism? That is a question the Google News Initiative is exploring through a partnership with Polis, the international journalism think tank at the London School of Economics and Political Science. The following post is written by...
  8. The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

in Windows 10 News
    The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?: "Microsoft wants a single unified operating system for all Windows devices, from Windows 10 PCs to the Xbox One, HoloLens, and potential future Windows Phones. But it’s not quite there yet. Today, a Microsoft project called “OneCore” means that ..." Source: The Future of...
  9. The future of old apps with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The future of old apps with Windows 10: The past is hard to let go of, let's be honest. In the IT world, there is a lot of truth to some of the old tools are also some of the best. You SCCM (or dare I still say SMS) guys should know this, for those who still use things like ccmclean instead of ccmsetup /uninstall...
  10. Could the future of Android be Windows?

in Windows 10 News
    Could the future of Android be Windows?: The many failings of Google's operating system have already been fixed in Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile ecosystem. Could Redmond possibly have the upper hand after all in future mobile wars? My colleague Adrian Kingsley-Hughes recently postulated that Android may be coming...