Windows 10: "These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them." MP3 & MP4 issues.

Discus and support "These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them." MP3 & MP4 issues. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently unable to import MP3's into Photos Video Editor entirely, MP4's work, though clearly not as intended. I have tried every 'fix' and 'solution'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ytilaeR, Aug 2, 2021.

1. ytilaeR Win User

"These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them." MP3 & MP4 issues.

Currently unable to import MP3's into Photos Video Editor entirely, MP4's work, though clearly not as intended. I have tried every 'fix' and 'solution' I've come across, to no avail. Every other thread on here has no useful answer. It also seems as though Microsoft or whoever is moderating these threads has gone out of their way to remove responses to questions regarding the Photos Video Editor, though I can't verify that. It'd be nice to be able to drag and drop an MP3 into my project, but apparently that sort of space-age tech is far beyond Microsoft. I could have probably achieved what I w

:)

ytilaeR, Aug 2, 2021

2. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 2, 2021
  3. No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

ALL IS SOLVED, steps followed:
    - Ran the troubleshooter 'Windows Updates' which detected and fixed some issues
    - Ran the search for Windows Updates again which now found 2 additional updates and installed them:
    * KB4580419 - 2020-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 2004 for x64
    * KB4586781 - 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 2004 for x64-based systems
    - Rebooted my system and all was fine again (thumbnails of MP3/MP4/... are back, MP3 artists, titles, lengths etc are back)

"These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them."  MP3 & MP4 issues. [​IMG]

Thank god for Friday the 13th of the incredible year 2020 *Biggrin

ChroMe55555, Aug 2, 2021
  4. "These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them." MP3 & MP4 issues.

MP4 playback issues

I had read online and in other answers to try sfc and DISM earlier and had already done it, they found no issues.

i went and did a system refresh to see if it would fix the mp4 reading issues and i did nothing, i have found 1-2 videos that do play but not all.

again my older laptop that also runs windows 10 is fully able to play all the mp4 files without issue

CrimsonW0lf, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

"These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them." MP3 & MP4 issues.

1. "These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them." MP3 & MP4 issues. - Similar Threads - files properties can't

2. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  3. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  4. Windows 10 Video Editor: Error "These files have properties that can't be read, so we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Video Editor: Error "These files have properties that can't be read, so we...: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and I got a question about the Photos App Windows Video Editor. I had no idea what to do to fix this issue, so I decided to ask a question here.Today I've found a thing I needed for over 1.5 years in the start menu, which is the Pre-Installed Windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 Video Editor: Error "These files have properties that can't be read, so we...

Windows 10 Video Editor: Error "These files have properties that can't be read, so we...: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and I got a question about the Photos App Windows Video Editor. I had no idea what to do to fix this issue, so I decided to ask a question here.Today I've found a thing I needed for over 1.5 years in the start menu, which is the Pre-Installed Windows 10...
  6. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  7. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  8. "These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them."

"These files have properties that can't be read, so we can't add them.": I read that this was asked before, and 3 people responded, but their responses were only deemed what 15 of the 112 people with the problem felt solved their problem. Then, Microsoft cut off all answers to the original problem. Taking the photo program out and re-installing...
  9. can't opern file MP3 or MP4

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't opern file MP3 or MP4: [ATTACH] hey guys,today i downloaded a video and can't open it,normaly it would open with media player but now it can't,and it showing this message [ATTACH] can you guys help it to be back at normal??thank you...
  10. Video editor these files have properties that can't be read

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video editor these files have properties that can't be read: I'm trying to add an mp4 video but the message "these files have properties that can't be read" appears. submitted by /u/drew_789359 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/doseq3/video_editor_these_files_have_properties_that/