Windows 10: "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

Discus and support "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by San2C, Dec 6, 2022.

1. San2C Win User

"These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so it seems reasonable that I should be allowed the ability to use the computer as an adult with above average IQ.

:)

San2C, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Ludo Win User

Local disk: "These files might be harmful to your computer"

When moving or copying files from my local harddisk, I get the message:

This happens when I move or copy files on the drive (D"These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks :) itself, or when I move/copy files from that drive to any another drive on my pc. All the drives are local installed in my case and connected with sata cables.

How can I disable or fix this pop-up message?

I am running: Windows 10, Version 1511,Os Build 10586.164, It's my own build machine. (I have seen a lot of similar posts, but in my case I am not transferring files over the internet)

Update

It has been a while I posted this question, and I still have this problem. I tried the suggestion from @manjesh23, but this did not work.

"These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks 2GG44.jpg

Ludo, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 6, 2022
  4. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

These Files Might Be Harmful To Your Computer

Since you already have tried everything, we suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Go to Internet Options.
    • Select Security.
    • Click Local Intranet.
    • Click Sites.
    • Tick the option Include all network paths (UNCs).
    • Click OK.
    • Close Internet Options.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

"These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

1. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks - Similar Threads - files might harmful

2. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks: I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so...
  3. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks: I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so...
  4. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing up or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  5. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing up or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  6. "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...: About 2 months ago got this pop up when I try to do anything with a zip file and I don't know how to get rid of this message or how it even happened in the first place. Also some programs after this pop up appeared only open or save progress only when I open the program in...
  7. Windows Security Msg- "These files might be harmful to your computer" xfer files between...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Msg- "These files might be harmful to your computer" xfer files between...: I have 2 windows explorer windows open, one on the directory on the windows 10 system, the other on the Xubuntu system. the fact that both are there means the windows system has connectivity to the xubuntu system. I've used this setup to move files like this for over 4...
  8. These files might be harmful to your computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files might be harmful to your computer: How do I disable this notice? I have read many things .. watched YT videos .. followed the steps .. it all comes to a halt when it tells me to enter the IP address .. how do I find that for a USB memory?...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer

These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...
  10. These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop): Hi. Over the last week or so, I am being prompted with this error message on my desktop when I either drag a item to the recycle bin or go to open my user folder on the desktop. I have run anti-virus and malware scans and this isn't solving the problem. It doesn't do this...