Windows 10: These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when...

Discus and support These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My question is that how can I get rid of that annoying notification, when I am transfering files from my computer to our local network drives or from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Toes_78, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Toes_78 Win User

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when...

My question is that how can I get rid of that annoying notification, when I am transfering files from my computer to our local network drives or from them to my own computer?

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... 3e6ed32c-6dc7-488d-9afe-e51b46330169?upload=true.jpg

I can't change "Internet options" - they are all "locked".

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... 571ae95f-d5f5-434b-9cbf-2eff5a39e20d?upload=true.jpg

Neither changing "User account control settings" will help; notifiaction persist even if on its lowest setting.

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... d960d4a5-07ae-4161-970f-0a938f7331fe?upload=true.jpg

My computer doesn't have any group policies or anything like that, I am the single user/admin, I have just yesterday performed clean install of Windows 10 Pro.

Any advice?

:)

Toes_78, Nov 14, 2018
  2. phrab Win User

Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer"

Thank you again. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SmartScreenEnabled is off.
    Total Commander sounds like a decent idea. Does it copy & sync between different computers on a LAN?

By the way, I don't think I ever posted the exact error message:

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... [​IMG]
    I erased the actual computer name, but it suggests that it's in the Internet Options rather than the Intranet Options. I don't know why that would be.

phrab, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer"

It's FreeCommander, and yes as you can see, that Z: was mapped drive but you can use UNC path too:

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... [​IMG]

Regarding error msg, it may suggest

- either to use mapped drive instead of UNC path
    - or try to place affected files to different shared folder than Application Data.

Do not worry about Internet/Intranet. Completely wrong terminology, these terms do not apply to files at SMB shares at all.

muchomurka, Nov 25, 2018
  4. These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when...

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when...

1. These files might be harmful to your computer; how to get rid of the notification when... - Similar Threads - files might harmful

2. Windows saying "These files might be harmful to your computer" popup when transferring a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows saying "These files might be harmful to your computer" popup when transferring a...: Whenever I move a .zip file from my downloads folder to my 3d Objects folder & other various folders further into my computer an annoying popup saying "These files might be harmful to your computer" pops up. I'm simply tired of Windows pestering me about something I know is...
  3. Windows saying "These files might be harmful to your computer" popup when transferring a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying "These files might be harmful to your computer" popup when transferring a...: Whenever I move a .zip file from my downloads folder to my 3d Objects folder & other various folders further into my computer an annoying popup saying "These files might be harmful to your computer" pops up. I'm simply tired of Windows pestering me about something I know is...
  4. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks: I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so...
  5. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks: I have all settings made to avoid this massive annoyance thanks to microsoft tech support and yet I still get this massively annoying annoyance. Is there a way to completely disable any and all security settings so I can stop wasting time with this lunacy? I'm not a child so...
  6. "These files might be harmful to your computer" - between local disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. These files might be harmful to your computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files might be harmful to your computer: How do I disable this notice? I have read many things .. watched YT videos .. followed the steps .. it all comes to a halt when it tells me to enter the IP address .. how do I find that for a USB memory?...
  8. Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer": I have a Network with a WinXP computer & a Win10 computer. I have shortcuts on each desktop to copy files that I use frequently back & forth. When I'm on my Win10 computer & copy certain files from Win10 to WinXP, I get the warning "These files may be harmful to your...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer

These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...
  10. These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop): Hi. Over the last week or so, I am being prompted with this error message on my desktop when I either drag a item to the recycle bin or go to open my user folder on the desktop. I have run anti-virus and malware scans and this isn't solving the problem. It doesn't do this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security these files might be harmful to your computer

2. how do i get rid of opening these files might be harmful to your

3. these files might be harmful to your computer

4. change windows security these files may be harmful notification,
  5. windows 10 pro to get rid of these files might be harmful to your computer your internet security settings,
  6. windows security files might be harmful,
  7. Win 10 security warning - These files might be harmful to your computer