Windows 10: "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

Discus and support "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing out or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blarney77, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Blarney77 Win User

"These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing out or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT downloading, or moving form a network. Please don't quote the IE settings. This is literally on local drives or the same drive, but OUT of the APPDATA folder.Presently running Win 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1466 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0Other forum posts about this warning are of absolutely NO use.Seriously

:)

Blarney77, Jan 18, 2022
  2. darbs9172 Win User

These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

Ah, my mistake with the \ and /.
    Folder now moved as suggested and problem now solved. No idea how this happened.
    However.................if I now move a file to the recycle bin and want to restore it back to its original location, I am being prompted with this one now.....

"These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the... [​IMG]

Now when deleting from the desktop again, I am prompted with:

"These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the... [​IMG]

darbs9172, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Ludo Win User
    Local disk: "These files might be harmful to your computer"

When moving or copying files from my local harddisk, I get the message:

This happens when I move or copy files on the drive (D"These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the... :) itself, or when I move/copy files from that drive to any another drive on my pc. All the drives are local installed in my case and connected with sata cables.

How can I disable or fix this pop-up message?

I am running: Windows 10, Version 1511,Os Build 10586.164, It's my own build machine. (I have seen a lot of similar posts, but in my case I am not transferring files over the internet)

Update

It has been a while I posted this question, and I still have this problem. I tried the suggestion from @manjesh23, but this did not work.

"These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the... 2GG44.jpg

4. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

Inaccurate "These files might be harmful to your computer" message in Windows 7

From time to time, Win 7 will give me an error message that "These files might be harmful to your computer" and that "Your internet security settings suggest that one or more files may be harmful. Do you want to use it anyway?" when I try to move files.
    I know quite well there's nothing wrong with these files. Today's problem in moving a folder was just a folder with three pictures of a dog and a photoshop file I created from one of them. It's complaining about moving several folders like this.

~

But here's the real oddity:

All of the help I've found this morning by Googling talks about this error message coming up when moving files across internet, LAN, etc. This is from one folder on my computer to another just down one level! There's no internet movement happening here!

~

I'm simply attempting to drag a folder in:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\aaa-milo\Photoshop\aa-freshen-your-photo\clients-friends-a4a\general

into another one at the same level folder one level lower:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\aaa-milo\Photoshop\aa-freshen-your-photo\clients-friends-a4a\general\2019

so that I can divide everything in that folder called general into years of my work.

~

So all of it is right on my C drive. Any suggestions? This pops up intermittently and is quite frustrating.

Someone said to me that this problem sounds related to Internet Explorer or files downloaded from IE, but IE had nothing to do with the files in that folder.

They were paper photos (family shots) that my client scanned to me and sent to me in an email, whereupon I copied them onto the folder on that first path. Thanks!

MiloInSanDiego, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

"These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

1. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the... - Similar Threads - files might harmful

2. I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...: I have Windows 10 installed on my 1TB SSD and my personal files on my 4TB HDD. I've put the default folders, such as Music, Pictures, and Documents, on the HDD by changing their path as soon as I finished installing the operating system. The letter assigned to the HDD was...
  3. I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...: I have Windows 10 installed on my 1TB SSD and my personal files on my 4TB HDD. I've put the default folders, such as Music, Pictures, and Documents, on the HDD by changing their path as soon as I finished installing the operating system. The letter assigned to the HDD was...
  4. I'm receiving the warning message "opening these files might be harmful to your computer"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing up or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  6. "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "These files might be harmful to your computer" message moving files inside or out of the...: Whenever I move a file Often a game data file I am backing up or move a screenshot out of the APPDATA folder to another location on the SAME DRIVE I'm getting this warning. HOW do I turn this off? This has been going on since the Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version!I am NOT...
  7. "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...: About 2 months ago got this pop up when I try to do anything with a zip file and I don't know how to get rid of this message or how it even happened in the first place. Also some programs after this pop up appeared only open or save progress only when I open the program in...
  8. These files might be harmful to your computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files might be harmful to your computer: How do I disable this notice? I have read many things .. watched YT videos .. followed the steps .. it all comes to a halt when it tells me to enter the IP address .. how do I find that for a USB memory?...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...
  10. These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop): Hi. Over the last week or so, I am being prompted with this error message on my desktop when I either drag a item to the recycle bin or go to open my user folder on the desktop. I have run anti-virus and malware scans and this isn't solving the problem. It doesn't do this...