Windows 10: These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When...

Discus and support These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/billhughes1960 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/billhughes1960, Mar 28, 2020.

1. These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When...

/u/billhughes1960, Mar 28, 2020
  2. link626 Win User

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

link626, Mar 28, 2020
  3. IO_IO_IO Win User
    Unknown icon in upper left corner of desktop

Recently an unknown icon ha appeared in the upper left corner of my desktop. It overlaps whatever icon is in the corner. I've never seen it before.

These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When... d23ed24e-93eb-46d1-96e8-c6a180019f5b.png

IO_IO_IO, Mar 28, 2020
  4. These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When...

Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor

Computer is locally built 2016, Intel Core i5 Skylake processor (6th Gen) 3.2/3.6GH, 80GT/s, 6MB, etc.
    Monitor is Dell UltraSharp 38 Curved Monitor - U3818DW

Last update 2019-02 Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065) successfully installed 6/18/2019.

In the last week, many, if not most windows do not open in the size I expect them to open. About a week ago, perhaps after the last Window update, two almost identical computers in our home are behaving the same way. Device manager says monitor is Generic PnP Monitor. Intel HD Graphics Control Panel says Display is Digital Television Dell U3818DW with the correct resolution of 3840x1600. Actual monitor is identified above.

Open windows, applications such as Chrome, Firefox, Word, MS Outlook. May or may not open in a floating window size as I like. I resize as needed, but then I leave computer, monitor goes off after 15 minutes. Computer is set to never sleep. All windows are in upper left corner, about 7x7 in size when I come back. Many times if I compose an email or open an email and reply to it, the window opens in a much smaller size, upper left area.

I think I've become a novice again; I don't know what steps to take to troubleshoot.
    Joyce Guasch

JoyceGuasch, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When...

1. These large icons started appearing in the upper corners of my monitor after a reboot. When... - Similar Threads - large icons started

2. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  3. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  4. Orange and white bar with "100" appears in upper left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orange and white bar with "100" appears in upper left corner of screen: Does anyone have any idea what this is? It showed up a couple of days ago and I can't get rid of it. It stays on top of all other apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orange-and-white-bar-with-100-appears-in-upper/c7b236bc-a92d-4811-a64d-db608727b843
  5. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  6. windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner after monitor sleep

windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner after monitor sleep: when my PC wakes up from from the display turning off the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner of the display. I then have to resize them and move them back where I want them. I tried updating the driver but Windows says latest driver is installed....
  7. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  8. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  9. Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor: Computer is locally built 2016, Intel Core i5 Skylake processor (6th Gen) 3.2/3.6GH, 80GT/s, 6MB, etc. Monitor is Dell UltraSharp 38 Curved Monitor - U3818DW Last update 2019-02 Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065) successfully installed 6/18/2019. In...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...