Windows 10: These Microsoft Forums and Security

Discus and support These Microsoft Forums and Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I understand this is a public forum so I appreciate your warnings on what not to post; however, I've had the following happen several times... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. These Microsoft Forums and Security

Hi,

I understand this is a public forum so I appreciate your warnings on what not to post; however, I've had the following happen several times through the years, and I want to know if anyone else has had this experience. I'll ask a question, sometimes about security on my computer, and I'll see a reply by someone who looks very established, with MVP and awards after their name, insert a link that asks me for my password, usually my Microsoft account password. It's definitely happened at least three times -- the last about a month ago. Yes, and this is the strangest thing, when I return to the thread -- usually just to reread it -- I'll see that the link that originally asked for my password has been changed and now another link is there in its place, a more "innocent" link. I find the whole thing a bit distressing.

Any advice? Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks,

Daffy D

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Feb 20, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 20, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 20, 2019
  4. These Microsoft Forums and Security

New security forum?

OMG Come on guys the security section is IMPORTANT! A stupid list does nothing. Hell if we don't make this a Networking and Security Forum, ill recommend myself to be the mod for security section and ask w1z about it because im tired of getting into software and seeing almost HALF antivirus issues.

Edit: If i'm not clear, a forum JUST for security, AV, and etc, RIGHT BY the networking forum, but not inside it.

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

These Microsoft Forums and Security

1. These Microsoft Forums and Security - Similar Threads - Microsoft Forums Security

2. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Forum Bug Fix: According to Microsoft to reply in a forum you click the 'reply' button.One raised by me has the reply visible. Those created by others do not.So how do I get the 'reply' button to display and reply to an existing...
  3. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Forum Bug Fix: According to Microsoft to reply in a forum you click the 'reply' button.One raised by me has the reply visible. Those created by others do not.So how do I get the 'reply' button to display and reply to an existing...
  4. Microsoft Forum Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Looking for the forum for Microsoft Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for the forum for Microsoft Events: Greetings,I'm looking for the forum for Microsoft Events. Does anyone know where I can find this? I need to cancel an event.Thanks,Shane. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-the-forum-for-microsoft-events/fef8aae7-a4a6-4b25-8b26-0ed5587080b3
  6. Looking for the forum for Microsoft Events

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for the forum for Microsoft Events: Greetings,I'm looking for the forum for Microsoft Events. Does anyone know where I can find this? I need to cancel an event.Thanks,Shane. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-the-forum-for-microsoft-events/fef8aae7-a4a6-4b25-8b26-0ed5587080b3
  7. Looking for the forum for Microsoft Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsofte Edge Forum or Store

in Browsers and Email
    Microsofte Edge Forum or Store: Every time I try to log into any Microsoft account such as the Store or a forum (Edge), all I get is a bunch of BS. It always wants to verify who I am and proving I am NOT a robot is a real PITA (typing in those codes never seem to work). If possible I would like to start...
  9. Microsofte Edge Forum or Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsofte Edge Forum or Store: Every time I try to log into any Microsoft account such as the Store or a forum (Edge), all I get is a bunch of BS. It always wants to verify who I am and proving I am NOT a robot is a real PITA (typing in those codes never seem to work). If possible I would like to start...
  10. SHAME ON MICROSOFT FOR THIS MALFUNCTIONING FORUM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SHAME ON MICROSOFT FOR THIS MALFUNCTIONING FORUM: MICROSOFT IS A GARBAGE! THIS PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. NOT ONLY THE PRODUCT IS THE VERY BIGGEST ****, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY DECENCY TO PROVIDE US WITH A WEBSITE THAT FUNCTIONS PROPERLY. THIS **** WEBSITE IS HORRIBLE!! YOU DELETE A LINE, IT MESSES UP THE REST...