Windows 10: Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab

Discus and support Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Love kumar Rajwani, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab

Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering the edges of screen. see img. Help, i beg you. P.S.> Already tried installing & uninstalling the browser multiple times & i made sure that im doing this from its official site.

tab with search results Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab c1ef0561-ae7c-4e1c-95eb-044e0aa6fe0b?upload=true.png

tab with optionsmenu>options is perfectly fine size without black thick edges

Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab c76efc96-6b31-4056-bbff-20c1753472ec?upload=true.png

:)

Love kumar Rajwani, Jun 14, 2020

2. Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

How to include a screenshot in your post

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 14, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab

1. Thick Black screen covering edges of screen in TOR search tab - Similar Threads - Thick Black screen

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  4. Black window covering primary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black window covering primary screen: For awhile now, if I leave my computer unattended and it turns my monitors off I have disabled sleep and hibernation, it is a desktop, when I move the cursor or press any key to turn the monitors back on, the primary monitor will sometimes have a large black window in the...
  5. Search covered by black box

Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  6. Black thick edges around search results

Black thick edges around search results: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  7. Black screen edges around TOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen edges around TOR: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  8. Something's wrong with TOR's search results screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's wrong with TOR's search results screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  9. TOR search results ain't appearing in full screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TOR search results ain't appearing in full screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showin[ATTACH][ATTACH]n full screen & thick black rectangles covering the edges of screen. see img. Help, i beg you. P.S.> Already tried installing & uninstalling the browser multiple times & i...
  10. A Black search Tab at the top of my screen

A Black search Tab at the top of my screen: Sorry to bother but i need help because my computer has a black search bar in the top of my computer but it isn't like the internet explorer. It does not have anything it just says search the web. i have been trying everything like control panel and searching bing, bar, web...