Windows 10: Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps)

Discus and support Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i facing with something so ugly in my beautiful: Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 64 bit and that is thick border of some windows, i not sure it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by saeed74, Aug 5, 2015.

1. saeed74 Win User

Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps)

Hi, i facing with something so ugly in my beautiful:
    Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 64 bit
    and that is thick border of some windows,
    i not sure it a bug or Incompatibility of some software in new windows 10!
    here is some examples (see screenshot) :

Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps) [​IMG]

So, there is any solution?
    my windows updates is off, do if I update my windows that gonna solve the problem?
    or we just need to sit back and wait for third person companies for win10 compatibility updates?

:)

saeed74, Aug 5, 2015

2. Thick border bug in Windows 10

Thank you! Actually you can even go back to your custom settings!

I thought this was a bug in the insider builds. Apparently it is on the normal builds too

Jensde Bruijn, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Thick border bug in Windows 10

Wow- I have been looking for a way to get thicker borders, because I keep "grabbing" the wrong gray line and resizing the wrong window.

Do you know how to get this effect? or has the problem disappeared after a later update.?

Lyle W

LyleWalker, Aug 5, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi ... I believe many are having the same issues. I haven't seen a fix yet . Also, you do know now with windows 10 you can't turn windows update off unless you're not connected to the internet

sn00ker, Aug 5, 2015
  5. saeed74 Win User
    thanks for replay. and about updates I disabled it from services.msc and advanced setting also showing me this:

Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps) [​IMG]

so do you think its still running in background and updating it self?

saeed74, Aug 5, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    nope, you pretty much turned off

sn00ker, Aug 5, 2015
  7. rjkolo Win User
    Not true, you can do it through group policy on the pro version or with a reg edit in the homer version.

rjkolo, Aug 5, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

Okay, good to know, but this is turning the service off, like what saeed74 more or less did , right ?

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Thick border bug in windows 10 (some apps) - Similar Threads - Thick border bug

2. Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border: I am currently facing an issue that includes a thick white/black depending on the theme border around right click context menu. I have been facing the same issue in windows 10 in the past and it seems to have been unaltered in Windows 11. So far I have tried uninstalling...
  3. Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and Windows 10 Thick Context Menu border: I am currently facing an issue that includes a thick white/black depending on the theme border around right click context menu. I have been facing the same issue in windows 10 in the past and it seems to have been unaltered in Windows 11. So far I have tried uninstalling...
  4. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  5. Thick borders for CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thick borders for CMD: When you launch CMD (CMD.exe) you get a window with black background, with a white header, and white scroll-bar on the right side, ... but on the bottom and on the left side, there is no border. Or, there is, but it is one pixel wide, and in dark grey. This is super annoying...
  6. Windows frame border thickness

Windows frame border thickness: For my work purpose , the only reason I use MS windows 10 is because of 1 software only: Kakaotalk a Korean chatting platform. As soon as Kakaotalk is supported in Linux, goodbye Windows. What I cannot stand in Windows 10 is the fact that MS has decided that the almost...
  7. Increase Border thickness

Increase Border thickness: Hi How do I increase the border thickness of windows? And I did try with settings Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics\BorderWidth and \PaddedBorderWidth but that only changed the window Title thickness....
  8. How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness

How To Adjust The Window Border Thickness: Hello, so previously I was able to use the WindowMetrics in the Registry to adjust the border thickness for windows (refer to the image), yet that no longer works. There are two settings at: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics Named:...
  9. Is it possible to change window border thickness?

Is it possible to change window border thickness?: I am not liking the very thin black window borders, when I open a lot of windows it can be hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Is there any way that you can increase the thickness of the window outline? 10206
  10. Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.

Non-transparent and thick window borders AND white text.: If I choose the Windows theme from Windows Default Themes or Windows Installed Themes, I get a think border on windows, but it's transparent. I got the aerolite and aerolite (white-text) themes from Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. Both of these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 borders bug

2. thick windows borders

3. win 10 thick window borders