Windows 10: Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

Discus and support Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there. I have been browsing around a bit online and didn't see any real solutions to this When I am in the app viewing an image, is seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by doydasda, May 6, 2018.

1. doydasda Win User

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

Hey there. I have been browsing around a bit online and didn't see any real solutions to this
    When I am in the app viewing an image, is seems to be squished in more than normal, when usually the image would go to the sides of the window itself.

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app [​IMG]

and when I attempt to zoom in on the image, there seems to be thick grey bars alongside the left, right and bottom of the image itself. When I click on the image to get rid of the zoom indicator, it returns to its original position as in the image above.

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app [​IMG]

I have followed this Microsoft answers forum post to no luck.
    Grey Borders in Photos App - Microsoft Community
    I have reset the app, deleted it and re-downloaded it, and restarted my computer on top of doing everything in the top post.

It was working fine without the grey bars yesterday, and I'm not sure what happened between then and now. I'm fairly sure this couldn't be an actual update to the app that has done this, so i'm wondering what is doing it. Any answers would be incredibly helpful!

:)

doydasda, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

1. Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app - Similar Threads - Thick grey bars

2. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  3. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  4. Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders: Hello dear community.Recently i've noticed a change which i kind of certain wasn't here before.The issue is with Microsoft Photos grey borders."It never gets to full-screen"Here is an example:Here is a photo which is 1920.1080 my current display resolutionsEven when i click...
  5. Grey bar masking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey bar masking: How to fix the Grey bar at the bottom of the screen, it is masking taskbar located at the bottom. I tied clean boot, updating video card, etc. And It is not related to the taskbar....
  6. Photos with Grey X

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos with Grey X: Most photos in the windows file "Photos" have a large grey X and it says it can't open. It was working before I did the last update 4 days ago. I didn't download a photo app, I am using the default that came with Windows 10. I transfer the photos from my phone. Now I have...
  7. Thick tittle bars after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Thick tittle bars after 1909 update: Hello, Since I've upgraded to 1909, all my tittle bars are much thicker. I've also noticed the problem with the address and search bar in Explorer. Changing the title bar size in WinAero teacher doesn't fix the issue but just makes the buttons smaller. They are thick both...
  8. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?: The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is in the recycling bin and right-clicking the thumbnails does not give me many options. They wont open either, it just...
  9. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders: The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them when not in full screen mode. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-displays-images-with-grey-borders/cebc355e-5c1b-4a0e-8828-f74df282903c
  10. Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar Is Thick Whenever On Bottom. Help?: Back in build 9879 i had chosen to move my taskbar for the left to change it up a bit. Once i decided to put it back to the bottom it decided to be thicker then it was originally and the pinned programs don't even stretch down to the bottom. i have gone through 9926, and now...