Windows 10: Thin black dotted line

Discus and support Thin black dotted line in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Treeq_, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Treeq_ Win User

Thin black dotted line

Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked

:)

Treeq_, Jun 15, 2022

2. Black Dot and Numbers filled up in the password box and the Notepad

Hello,

There are several ways to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Windows 10. Since the system automatically fills out the password box with black dots and already did a few troubleshooting steps, we suggest creating a new user account to see if this issue will occur
    on a new user profile. This will help you check if your current user account is corrupted. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 15, 2022
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Thin black dotted line

2 Dotted lines on my screen appears frequently

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are seeing two vertical lines could be a malfunction of your monitor. We'd like to know some information about the two vertical dotted lines that appears on your screen so we can better assist you.

• Can you send us a screenshot of the two vertical dotted lines?
    • Can you try to unplug and re-plug the cord that is connected at the back of your PC and check if the issue persist?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

Thin black dotted line

1. Thin black dotted line - Similar Threads - Thin black dotted

2. PC screen in black and white dotted lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen in black and white dotted lines: Hello everyone I have an old LCD display monitor and it's connected to cpu via VGA cable Nearly 1 year i did not used it , and i well packed and placed in cupboard, but now i wish to work in that ,so start the pc , but the screen in black and white dotted lines attached...
  3. PC screen in black and white dotted lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen in black and white dotted lines: Hello everyone I have an old LCD display monitor and it's connected to cpu via VGA cable Nearly 1 year i did not used it , and i well packed and placed in cupboard, but now i wish to work in that ,so start the pc , but the screen in black and white dotted lines attached...
  4. Black screen with thin line of desktop on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with thin line of desktop on top: Have a black screen on top of desktop and can interact with the desktop and computer itself as well as the cursor but only in the thin area. The only way I know I’m interacting with it is because of color change and the cursor will appear in the clear area on top but has an...
  5. Black screen with thin line of desktop on top

Black screen with thin line of desktop on top: Have a black screen on top of desktop and can interact with the desktop and computer itself as well as the cursor but only in the thin area. The only way I know I’m interacting with it is because of color change and the cursor will appear in the clear area on top but has an...
  6. Thin line in my taskbar

Thin line in my taskbar: There is a line in my whole taskbar it is on the middle so my apps are splits in half. The line doesnt show when booting the computer not until I goes to desktop. There is no problem opening application however the line irritates me and I dont know what this is. The line is...
  7. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thin black dotted line: Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked...
  8. Thin black dotted line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thin black dotted line: Hello, recently I got a thin vertical black dotted line going from the top to the middle of the screen. Does anybody know how can I fix this???The screen is not scratched, I checked...
  9. dotted line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dotted line: there is one pink color line on my desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dotted-line/93d67498-e510-4933-b8ad-0604c5a45370
  10. Thin Horizantal black line in my screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thin Horizantal black line in my screen: I have a small, thin line in the middle of my Lenovo G50 laptop. It's been here for days, I've restarted my computer three times now and it keeps popping up. It just appeared one day and hasn't gone away since. I tried to run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, but it says this...