Windows 10: Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor

Discus and support Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've noticed this since I switched to using the hidden taskbar. See image below: Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible In above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MaxForce800, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor

Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor 2NyE60rH_WWYvribB6uDwjWeIf8GCrir1mwgX75SyPU.jpg

I've noticed this since I switched to using the hidden taskbar. See image below:

Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible

In above example I used VLC to demonstrate how there still is a thin line visible. This is only the case on my 2nd (and 3rd) monitor, but not on my main monitor. It does allow me to access the full taskbar when I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen, but when VLC (or YouTube) is in full screen of my main monitor, the thin bar does not show, and I don't have to option to 'summon' the full taskbar (which is fine, I use the Windows key to summon it anyway).

Does anyone know if it's possible to force the video to overlay the taskbar?

submitted by /u/MaxForce800
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MaxForce800, Nov 3, 2020
  2. roninrr2 Win User

Cannot get non-connected 2nd Monitor screen moved to Laptop Screen?

This is kind of hard to explain in a Subject line.

I have a USB Docking station set up at home with 2 large monitors, keyboard, printers, etc. connected to the docking station -- all plugged into a Laptop, whose screen is also active. Works great - Window's magic, I guess. I also have several programs
    set up to come up (screen display) on the 2nd or 3rd Monitor screens when they are loaded.

My problem is, if (when) I just unplug the USB cable to the Docking station and take my Laptop over to a friends house, when I load one of the programs that comes up on one of my monitors, the program comes up and loads correctly (i.e. shows up on the taskbar
    as running) - but the display is someplace in outer space because the 2nd (or 3rd) monitor is not there.

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the screen display (which the program apparently thinks is being correctly displayed on my 2nd monitor) moved over to my Laptop screen.

DETECT in the Settings\Display screen does not find any extra monitors (because they are not there) and the Extend and other options under the Windows-P Project option does not seem to help -- and many of the suggested fixes document steps involving options
    that are apparently for older versions of Windows because many of the steps don't match the options on my version of Windows, which is the very latest Windows 10 update.

Surely there must be a simple way to fix this, but I have spent oven an hour trying to figure it out.

[P.S. I finally got the screen from the 2nd monitor to display on my Laptop screen, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.]

ron in round rock

roninrr2, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Taskbar Lines

Hi,

If your taskbar is hidden in desktop or tablet mode, once that you hover your mouse at the bottom of your screen, the taskbar will still appear. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to have a screenshot of the horizontal lines that you are seeing.

In the meantime, we suggest that you restart the Windows Explorer:

• Press Windows key + R to launch
      Run prompt.
    • Type taskmgr.exe, and then press Enter to open
      Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, scroll down and look for Windows
      Explorer.
    • Click on it, and then click the Restart button on the lower-right corner.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

'particular monitor/screen and visible unlocked taskbar' No, my taskbar is normally locked - I would need to include the unlocking step. I already use many Autohotkey applications - mostly for entering scraps of text.
    Forgive me for quoting the wrong program 'AutoIT' when you suggested AutoHotKey. MouseClickDrag looks daunting but 'feasible' - worth a try - but not tonight.

Sebastian42, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor

1. Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - Thin line hidden

2. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  3. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  4. Thin line in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thin line in my taskbar: There is a line in my whole taskbar it is on the middle so my apps are splits in half. The line doesnt show when booting the computer not until I goes to desktop. There is no problem opening application however the line irritates me and I dont know what this is. The line is...
  5. Thin line in my taskbar

Thin line in my taskbar: There is a line in my whole taskbar it is on the middle so my apps are splits in half. The line doesnt show when booting the computer not until I goes to desktop. There is no problem opening application however the line irritates me and I dont know what this is. The line is...
  6. Thin line in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. taskbar show when full screen video

taskbar show when full screen video: i have some issue on the taskbar after update to windows 11. When i watch video in full screen, the taskbar always show on the bottom and i can't use shortcut key like space to pause the video....
  8. Taskbar doesn´t dissapear when i watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar doesn´t dissapear when i watch videos on full screen.: [ATTACH] Looks like this, i tried restart my computer, restart windows explorer. I need some help, please https://preview.redd.it/pf2eliiiicx51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ec00becf1dcfed95fb8007df0b3c56f709ea0257 submitted by /u/branqueto [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.: When I watch Netflix or Youtube full screen in my browser the monitor goes black. I can still hear the audio, but no picture. I have to reboot the computer and it works fine again. This only happens during full-screen video and sometimes during a game. I looked online and...
  10. BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video: I've been getting a BSoD since updating my nVidia drivers for Overwatch. The error I've been getting is "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". I get this BSoD when I am watching a video in full screen on one of my monitors(e.g YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, HBOGO etc) although the...