Windows 10: Things are taking up way to much memory on my pc

Discus and support Things are taking up way to much memory on my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 8gb of RAM on my computer but around 50% is already used. Mostly from: Desktop window manager Then theres antimalware service executable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gabefinch, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Gabefinch Win User

Things are taking up way to much memory on my pc

I have 8gb of RAM on my computer but around 50% is already used. Mostly from:

• Desktop window manager
    • Then theres antimalware service executable
    • Lenovo modern controller

Could someone tell me how to reduce the memory usage of these apps?

:)

Gabefinch, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 26, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Things are taking up way to much memory on my pc - Similar Threads - Things are taking

2. Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager taking up too much memory: Hi,When I open task manager, I see that Desktop Window Manager DWM.exe takes up more than 1.6 GB of memory.I've searched the internet and tried everything I could find, but nothing was a permanent fix.Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?...
  3. winloading taking too much memory

winloading taking too much memory: Recently my computer has a program running called winloading in the task manager taking 1000-2000 mb memory, it causes my computer to work slowly, antivirus said that winloading.exe was a trojan-coin-miner, so what am I supposed to do?...
  4. Things are taking up way to much memory on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Things are taking up way to much memory on my pc: I have 8GB of RAM on my laptop but 50% is already being used. Mostly from: Desktop window manager Antimalware service executable Lenovo.Modern.Im.Controler Any advice on any of these would be helpfull...
  5. My Windows folder take up way too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows folder take up way too much space: My Windows folder takes up 21.9GB space. I really don't know HOW it can take up that much space. I mean, what even is in there that takes all that space. Would be really nice if someone could help me. Also, while I'm already here I have one more thing to ask. My desktop...
  6. This thing is taking up all my memory.

This thing is taking up all my memory.: Pretty self-explanatory. Didn't download anything weird recently.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-thing-is-taking-up-all-my-memory/2e5cead6-a570-49f1-83b3-61f8eb64a2ae
  7. Service Hosts Taking up so much memory

Service Hosts Taking up so much memory: Its Been really bad lately with service hosts taking up an extreme amount of memory, resetting my computer does not help. If I leave my computer on for a certain amount of time, this happens[ATTACH]...
  8. Service Host: ____ taking up way to much memory

Service Host: ____ taking up way to much memory: When i check task manager, i see a bunch of processes called "Service Host: " that are taking up my memory. They are using from 2 MB to 90 MB per service. When I restart my computer they calm down for a bit but the longer my computer is on, the more and more memory they...
  9. my pc taking too much memory and disk usage always.

my pc taking too much memory and disk usage always.: [ATTACH] as above image shows clearly about the health of my pc. this task manager shows lumpsum 70 background process and 82 windows processes which make my pc very slow. this occurs after upgrading windows 8 to windows10. any application which I run taking too much memory...
  10. Windows folder taking up way to much space.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder taking up way to much space.: Is there anyway I can decrease the space if the windows folder. My laptop is only 30 gigs and the windows folder us taking up 21 gigs, any fix for this? 35458