Windows 10: Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10

Discus and support Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've had this problem with my Dell Inspiron 7567 Laptop ever since I got it, it didn't start from the beginning, but it always comes up, even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robbie_Gk, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Robbie_Gk Win User

Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10

So I've had this problem with my Dell Inspiron 7567 Laptop ever since I got it, it didn't start from the beginning, but it always comes up, even after I reset my windows completely. what happens is that the start menu stops working, it responds when I click on it but I'm not able to select anything on it ( i.e. shutting downs, reset, or select an app), I am able to click on icons from the task bar and in the desktop, but I am not able to close them or select anything in them. as for why it might be happening I am not 100% sure but this is what I have come up with so far. sometimes when I click some keyboard keys, and sometimes just when I barely touch the touch pad, honestly I'm not sure if that's why it's happening, it could have nothing to do with the touch pad or the keyboard, because it has happened in all three occasions, when I press a key, when I touch the touch pad and just randomly without doing anything and I'm starting to wonder if this could be a manufacturing problem, any kind of help/tip would be highly appreciated.

:)

Robbie_Gk, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10

1. Things become "Unclickable" randomly on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Things become Unclickable

2. everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable: so sometimes when using a monitor everything on both my main laptop and monitor becomes unclickable with the only thing still clickable being the taskbar. i dont know what i could try to fix thissystem information:Device name -removed-Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon...
  3. everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    everything except taskbar items becomes unclickable: so sometimes when using a monitor everything on both my main laptop and monitor becomes unclickable with the only thing still clickable being the taskbar. i dont know what i could try to fix thissystem information:Device name -removed-Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon...
  4. Input Devices Randomly Unclick at Random Intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Devices Randomly Unclick at Random Intervals: Hey Microsoft,I am having an issue with my personal devices. Mice and keyboards are randomly losing key press after a short and random interval. This makes it difficult to play all games. It happens regardless of the mouse or keyboard I use. I have tried many of each and I...
  5. Input Devices Randomly Unclick at Random Intervals

Input Devices Randomly Unclick at Random Intervals: Hey Microsoft,I am having an issue with my personal devices. Mice and keyboards are randomly losing key press after a short and random interval. This makes it difficult to play all games. It happens regardless of the mouse or keyboard I use. I have tried many of each and I...
  6. Some part of my screen become unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  7. Some part of my screen become unclickable

Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  8. Application becomes completely unclickable/uninteractable sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application becomes completely unclickable/uninteractable sometimes: I started using a new laptop thinkpad T14 with Ryzen CPU last week. There is one applicationin this case, SAP Business One that sometimes would become completely unclickable. Let me try to explain the "unclickable" with the following symptoms:clicking on anywhere on the...
  9. Title bars become unclickable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bars become unclickable: [ATTACH] Basically, the title, The title bar of all the software/apps becomes unclickable randomly. To fix it, I've to press CLRL ALT DELETE, then open the task manager as soon as I do that everything works normally. I've done a full wipe of SSD but the issue's there...
  10. Task manager frequently becoming unclickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager frequently becoming unclickable: I have a custom Ryzen desktop with dual monitors, and I use my larger monitor for main purposes and the smaller for things like the task manager, so I can monitor how things are running. Frequently, while I am playing a game, I'll notice that the task manager has become...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. applications randomly becoming unclickable windows

2. everything is unclickable windows 10

3. windows 10 home unclickable

4. windows 10 unclickable search bar for only one profile,
  5. links become unclickable in internet explorer,
  6. windows button unclickable,
  7. file explorer unclickable,
  8. unclickable windows