Windows 10: Things broken after Anniversary update

Discus and support Things broken after Anniversary update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, just got myself a cold shower, because I was so angry that I was yelling at the computer. And that never happened to me. After updating to build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krivulak, Aug 4, 2016.

1. krivulak Win User

Things broken after Anniversary update

Hello, just got myself a cold shower, because I was so angry that I was yelling at the computer. And that never happened to me. After updating to build 1607 (had to wait until it completed so I could go to sleep - went to bed at 4:25 am) notification appeared and said Daemon Tools Ultra will not work on this computer. OK, I thought, I will just go uninstall it and get myself other version. But what? When I tried to run UNINSTALL program, notification again: This will not work on this computer. I froze because I thought it was bad joke. So I ran it again. Same note. Again. And again. Same result. OK, this is going to be bad.
    Next what I saw is - Where the hell is my flip clock desktop gadget? I only used desktop gadgets because I needed to have clock on second display so I can keep track of the time. Aaaand it is gone. Well, it is there, but it does not run, no matter what I click on. My bet is that it is caused by the freakin' Daemon Tools, because I had it's gadget on desktop too, but I didn't used it much.
    Lastly, I HATE that new look of start menu. Can I get layout from version 1511? I installed the Anniversary update just because I wanted that black scheme for setting menus. I didn't know it would broke these things. And it really freaks me off, because I am just now getting angry from Acer Aspire 5738G that runs like piece od crap and my job is to fix it.
    Please help me before my head explodes, it is getting me annoyed soooo much it is unbelieveable. Thank you very much!

:)

krivulak, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Lumia 650 Win User

Lumia 650 - anniversary update 1607 caused battery drain

I didn't change anything in the phone after update.

This is not the thing of the battery tips.

Newest anniversary update is BROKEN ! Tell this to microsoft developers.

I am waiting for a new update within a couple of days to fix this problem or I am returning this phone.

Lumia 650, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Alexium67 Win User
    Photos app using wrong language

1. No. Sway app was broken too.

2. I restore system prev.build after installing Anniversary Update. I don't want use this update for a while (for a week).

3. All app's interface is in English while system interface language is different.

P.S. After some activity with lang settings I have broken it fully. Now most universal apps looked and named as English. And common thing with moving local language upper in the lang list is useless. Things broken after Anniversary update :(

Alexium67, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Whats the second number 1607 14393 .10 or other

Samuria, Aug 4, 2016
  5. krivulak Win User
    Anniversary update, so 1607 build 14393.10.

krivulak, Aug 4, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, someone else had this sort of issue with Daemon... I suggested using Revo to uninstall it. That helped. See if it works for you..

(I had 3 minor programs which were incompatible with the upgrade).

Start menu.. use a replacement e.g. Classic Shell which properly expresses menus with folders and subfolders, and can launch the universal apps too.
    If you want tiles, you can still launch the Win 10 start menu. Or get one of the other replacement start menus.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Ah, Daemon tools, always trouble with it, had to give up on it years ago. W10 is capable of mounting ISO files just fine.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2016
  8. krivulak Win User

Yeah, but that is not the biggest problem of mine. I am desperately missing the Windows Gadgets, because it was the only clock I had in my room...

krivulak, Aug 4, 2016
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Windows Gadgets went out with Windows VISTA !! there's plenty of "Screen type" clocks both digital and analog for display.

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM before doing any of this type of stuff and then you can restore it it doesn't work or you don't like it

Cheers
    jimbo.

jimbo45, Aug 4, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Aug 4, 2016
  11. krivulak Win User
    I went berserk and started to manually destroy files. It helped, don't ask me how *Biggrin
    Revo Uninstaller Pro definetely helped, I don't know why I haven't thought about that myself, I was using that half a year ago. Huh...

But for that Start menu... I know there are some apps that change appearance, but it is not what I want. I want start menu right before Anniversary update, so apps shows themselves when I want to, not they are always there.

krivulak, Aug 4, 2016
  12. Gunzorla Win User
    I Cant Use My VIA HD Auido After Updated

Gunzorla, Aug 4, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Roll back drivers to whatever worked before.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2016
  14. mingle Win User
    Yep, have run into a few annoyances - fairly minor at the moment (only 5 hours in!)

(I tried an update, but had problems, so I'm now on a clean install)

1: The notification area changes have fubared my favourite Clock utility (T-Clock). It now no longer runs and the default Windows clock is squeezed in between the Notification 'icon' (now moved to the far right of the area) and the volume control.

The icon for removable devices is displayed all the time, even when no drives are inserted - this was never an issue with Win 10 1511.

Things broken after Anniversary update [​IMG]

2: The "Yes" and "No" buttons on the UAC warning popup windows are too big and close together - no idea about the reason for this change?

3: When performing a Restart or Shutdown, when the light blue Restart/Shutdown screen appears, the "spinning dots" animation is not displayed. It's there during Startup though.

That's all for now - but I'm still installing apps and configuring - fingers crossed! Things broken after Anniversary update :)

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Aug 4, 2016
  15. krivulak Win User
    Oh, that reminded me, it no longer shows what day it is when you click on time. I used to look up what day it is, and now, gone...

krivulak, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Things broken after Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Things broken Anniversary

2. Millions Of Webcams Broken With Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions Of Webcams Broken With Windows 10 Anniversary Update: just been reading this thanks to Brad Sams and hope its a useful read to everyone Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams With Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Thurrott.com On August 2nd, Microsoft released the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 and when the bits...
  3. Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade: Thought it might be interesting to note what seems to have been fixed that we've noted as longstanding quirks or bugs. These are things I've noted so far. 1. Items listed in explorer search which were deleted from the search results list formerly remained displayed unless...
  4. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  5. Streets and Trips broken by Anniversary "Upgrade"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streets and Trips broken by Anniversary "Upgrade": Admittedly, my copy of Streets & Trips is aged at v2009. But it ran last month! My fears about W10 included the fact that MS would eventually start obsoleting older software. I used MS S&T for quick evaluation of routes for trip planning, and also as a "just-in-case" to my...
  6. Logitech S7500 webcam broken by the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech S7500 webcam broken by the Anniversary Update: Both my son & I have this webcam, works fine. Son's PC (he lives too far away for on-site support) has updated to AU and his webcam no longer works. We realise that this is the 'well known' MS whoopsy with the AU but are wondering if they've yet produced an official fix for...
  7. After Anniversary update performance drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Anniversary update performance drop: Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit...
  8. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  9. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...