Windows 10: things crashing to desktop

Discus and support things crashing to desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; heya i'm wondering if i play gta 5 it goes from time to time back to desktop if i watch anime in full screen you see some time your taskbar popping up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smokeheads, Jul 21, 2016.

1. things crashing to desktop

heya i'm wondering if i play gta 5 it goes from time to time back to desktop if i watch anime in full screen you see some time your taskbar popping up in mean while you didn't do anything like moving the mouse tried reinstalling everything doesn't seem to work anyone encountered this ? its only those 2 things that doesn't seem to work homefront works fine beside the bugs that game has no real issues in their like being put back to desktop how do i fix this for google chrome for watching animes or gta5 cause weird enough those 2 are the only once having issues as far i know i don't run any extension if one pops up i always remove them but im not good with hardware issues so would be great if someone could help me out cause i looked everywhere and found nothing every update there was i already tried to use them to see if it fixed the isseu true that with google it aint as anoying as with gta since in the anime it pops up the taskbar still playing the vid but with gta it puts me back is this a bug from windows 10 or is the pc just dying any help would be appreciated greetings from me

:)

smokeheads, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Eddie9866 Win User

I can't do anything on my laptop

So, i was attempting to open a .zip file with tons of files, turns out they aren't in a folder so they flooded my desktop full of these files, i tried going on Windows Explorer to go to Desktop and delete them but Windows Explorer crashed, and now my desktop
    is nothing but my screensaver, the time, and some other things on the taskbar, and if i attempt to press anything windows explorer crashes and im stuck with nothing on my laptop, is there anyway to fix this?

Eddie9866, Jul 21, 2016
  3. A year after I upgraded to Windows 10 I got a "Kernel security check failure" for the very first time.

For an entire year there has been no BSOD on the laptop. I have not added any new hardware or drivers for a long time. The only thing that gets installed are Microsoft Windows updates. What is going on?

Both the Laptop and a desktop unit I have, ran Windows 7 Ultimate without ever getting BSOD's. Now my Desktop crashes regularly under WIn 10 Pro with a BSOD supposedly saying that the NIC is bad, but I have changed the NIC with a different NIC and it still
    gives me the same BSOD... Now my laptop, has just crashed while doing essentially nothing. It was running a CCTV screen for the last couple of days while I am working on the desktop. And without touching a darned thing, it crashes.

IMHO, Windows 10 is unstable. Got an idea that might prove me wrong? Suggest it.

MikeLiebeman, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

things crashing to desktop

1. things crashing to desktop - Similar Threads - things crashing desktop

2. The position of the things on desktop doesn't get saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The position of the things on desktop doesn't get saved: The position of the things on desktop doesn't get saved so when i rearrange them and restart my pc they get to their old position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-position-of-the-things-on-desktop-doesnt-get/550373db-8c1b-4b39-a930-3b580daa8776
  3. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 desktop doing weird things to icons: My old W10 tower locked up again. It's been doing that recently, a hint I need a new computer.When I powered it off and turned it back on, it moved the desktop icons from the left side of my center, primary, monitor, to the right side of the left monitor. I tried the old...
  4. Crashing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing to desktop: Anytime I try to play a game it will suddenly crash and kick me out. Sometimes it crashes completely and my screen will freeze. I update windows and my drivers and I've had this PC since the 16th. I have not changed anything in my setting for boost performance. As far as...
  5. Crashing to desktop

Crashing to desktop: Anytime I try to play a game it will suddenly crash and kick me out. Sometimes it crashes completely and my screen will freeze. I update windows and my drivers and I've had this PC since the 16th. I have not changed anything in my setting for boost performance. As far as...
  6. Desktop crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop crashing: Hello. I have a laptop here, it was working fine before. then this morning, it was booted up and the desktop icons and taskbar keep flashing as if I closed the task and restarted it. I ran the sfc /scannow command in admin command prompt, and it fixed some bad files and...
  7. Lots of things are crashing on startup.

Lots of things are crashing on startup.: My pc specs are on my profile. But yeah, I clicked start menu, then settings. A window pops up and then immediately closes. Same thing with a couple other apps. They are there, but they just don't... work. However, things like the Xbox app and Steam appear to be...
  8. Remote Desktop USB cable thing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop USB cable thing?: Is there such a thing or is it all network based? Need a way to control mini win10 server, that or just get a KVM with HDMI LOL mmm I wonder if the USB 3.0 models are sub 100 these days... 76099
  9. Desktop crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crash: My desktop which, although I am running Windows 10 with the latest update, is very similar to what I had on previous versions of Windows i. e. a background picture of my own choice and various shortcuts to folders and programs that I use regularly. These are arranged in a...
  10. Using desktop to file things

in Windows 10 Support
    Using desktop to file things: I wonder if there is a feature or app or anything that will allow me to organize my desktop folders into categories. Right now, I do this semi manually, I have a corner where I put all my documents that are waiting on info from a client; another area of my desktop where I put...