Windows 10: Things don't get added to the Desktop folder in C drive.

Discus and support Things don't get added to the Desktop folder in C drive. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I just installed Windows 10 Home to my new SSD drive. The problem I encounter is that when programs install and their icons are automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerseyGrzelak, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Things don't get added to the Desktop folder in C drive.

Hello! I just installed Windows 10 Home to my new SSD drive. The problem I encounter is that when programs install and their icons are automatically added to the desktop they are absent in the C:/Users/<My name>/Desktop folder. When I enter program's location, create a shortcut to the .exe and drag'n'drop the shortcut to the desktop it does add to the desktop folder.TL;DR After installation programs shortcuts appear in my desktop but are absent in the desktop's folder.

:)

JerseyGrzelak, Sep 16, 2021

2. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Sep 16, 2021
  3. AVonrad Win User
    Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive

Hello,

As the subject line describes the folders on my desktop do not appear in the "desktop" folder under my user folder in the c: drive. This is affecting my ability to back up properly through file history. Does anyone know why this might be occurring?

To explain it another way: I have a folder on my desktop labelled "2019". When I go to File Explorer I click on This PC>OS C:>Users>MyUsername>Desktop (which says it is empty).

Thank you for any help,

AVonrad, Sep 16, 2021
  4. spunk Win User

Things don't get added to the Desktop folder in C drive.

Accessing Files

• Don’t start or end your filename with a space, period, hyphen, or underline.
    • Save your file in a Folder on the C: drive, Desktop or in a Directory (ie) Pictures, Music, Downloads etc

spunk, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Things don't get added to the Desktop folder in C drive.

1. Things don't get added to the Desktop folder in C drive. - Similar Threads - Things don't added

2. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  3. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  4. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop folder disappeared from c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder disappeared from c drive: I can’t see the Desktop folder on my user folder in C: drive.However all the files on Desktop can be accessed through the desktop. I think that it may be because of the OneDrive folder which including desktop folder.Someone can help me how to fix it?...
  6. Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Keeps adding C Drive to Excluded Folders: Every few days, Windows 10 Search stops working. When I go into Settings... Search... Searching Windows, I'll notice that "C:\" keeps being added to the Excluded Folders, after I keep removing it....
  7. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  8. Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?

Adding Unallocated Volume to C: Drive?: Hello! Today, I received my new laptop link here. After doing some research, I found this article from Microsoft link here about extending a basic volume. Ideally, I would like to take the unallocated 931 GB volume and move it to my C: drive but I'm confused by these...
  9. Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive

Desktop folders not showing in that folder in C: drive: Hello, As the subject line describes the folders on my desktop do not appear in the "desktop" folder under my user folder in the c: drive. This is affecting my ability to back up properly through file history. Does anyone know why this might be occurring? To explain it...
  10. adding desktop folders

in Windows 10 Support
    adding desktop folders: I am running win 10 and I have lost being able to add a folder to my desktop to hold items I want to save. Like I backup my acc'tng. 2 to 3 times a week and save in a folder but now I can't create these folders. I was able to go to open space on desktop and right click and a...