Windows 10: Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

Discus and support Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Here's a probably incomplete list of things messed up by the above mentioned update: 1. Completely atrocious color scheme appeared out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aliensrus503, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update a5130cad-727b-415c-9c00-5c6c303995fe?upload=true.jpg

Here's a probably incomplete list of things messed up by the above mentioned update:

1. Completely atrocious color scheme appeared out of nowhere: light task bar, weird accent colors. The closest I could get to the previous scheme was to switch to Dark in Chose your colors, but that changes the background of Windows Explorer to black. The box allowing accent color on start, taskbar, action center is disabled.

2. Right click on Start button. Some selections stopped working: Event viewer, Device manager, Disk management, Computer management, Command prompt.

3. mousocoreworker.exe prevents sleep.

4. Edge browser starts automatically though it's not a default browser.

Please note: all the above problems started AFTER the update.

:)

aliensrus503, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Perf-TO Win User

Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

• I could not find the *dump files, I don't think I enable it,
    • I will work on the MSinfo file and the Specc files when I have more time in hand.
    Questions:-

• you're suggesting that I should install the V.2004 and let it crash (if it'll crash)?
    • since there is no .dump file exist (or I couldn't find one), the troubleshooting still good just using the MSinfo and the Specc files that reflects my current system state (V.1909)?
    Thanks again!

-Al

Perf-TO, Aug 11, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

1. Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update - Similar Threads - Things messed 2004

2. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  3. Windows cloud drive messing things up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cloud drive messing things up: I did a clean install of Windows 10 but it came with the cloud. It has me totally confused as it added another user with my mis-spelled name. I can't rename or delete this. I have ended up with about 3 copies of pictures & documents etc which has nearly used up all of the...
  4. Windows cloud drive messing things up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cloud drive messing things up: I did a clean install of Windows 10 but it came with the cloud. It has me totally confused as it added another user with my mis-spelled name. I can't rename or delete this. I have ended up with about 3 copies of pictures & documents etc which has nearly used up all of the...
  5. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  6. Computer messed up after update to Windows 10

Computer messed up after update to Windows 10: Hey guys, so I had a normal looking windows 7, as it should look for anyone using it. I then upgraded to windows 10 and this all changed. On my screen there is about a one inch (maybe more) black border from the edge edge of my momitor (where it touches the screen) to the...
  7. 2004 update messed up my laptop

2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...
  8. Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.: After update, Windows 10 messed up with my settings. I reported it with Hub, but this is serious problem, that affects my usage. First it reseted some of my software/driver settings: nVidia driver settings Creative ZX sound card settings Kaspersky AV settings. Second,...
  9. Windows Defender messing things up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender messing things up.: For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and changing certain settings. It also won't let me save in many different video games, and the only thing that is allowing me to...
  10. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649