Windows 10: Things open very slowly UAC, local word document, Office 2019

Discus and support Things open very slowly UAC, local word document, Office 2019 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently ran into a strange issue and I am hoping to see if I can get some assistance. I have a new laptop running Windows 10 LTSC 1809 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nievesj, Jan 23, 2021.

1. nievesj Win User

Things open very slowly UAC, local word document, Office 2019

Hello,

I recently ran into a strange issue and I am hoping to see if I can get some assistance. I have a new laptop running Windows 10 LTSC 1809 and everything appears to work fine when connected through a network cable. Now when I go home, I notice that everything UAC, Local Word Documents, Office 2019 applications and so on take up to a minute to open. When I am at home, I connect via WIFI. I have tried deleting the .DOTM file, repairing Office 2019, uninstall and re-install Office 2019, scan disk, flush DNS, Winsock Reset, update all the drivers and bios, performed all the windows updates. Just not sure what else to look at or do. Any feed back would be great.

Thanks,

nievesj

:)

nievesj, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Opening Word documents

Hi MPHowe

Can you please provide a bit more detail on your question . . .

Do you get an error when trying to open Word documents, and if so, is that for all documents and what is printed on that error?

Can you open Word form its application icon, and if so, if you go to File - Open, can you open a Word document form there, rather than double clicking a Word document?

As an initial step, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

NOTE: Please be advised, if you are running Office 2013 or earlier, before attempting a repair, have your Microsoft Office Product Key at hand, Office may need to be re-activated in some cases

DaveM121, Jan 23, 2021
  4. DJN_56 Win User

Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

Did a Windows 10 update today 12/1/2019 and now I can't open any Office XP WORD documents. Word opens but when I try and open a doc it closes down. I created a new doc and saved it, tried to open and same thing.

DJN_56, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Things open very slowly UAC, local word document, Office 2019 - Similar Threads - Things open very

2. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  3. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  4. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 UAC, Office Applications, and local Office documents open very slowy when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 UAC, Office Applications, and local Office documents open very slowy when...: I recently loaded Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 Build on a new Dell Laptop Precision 3540. I noticed that when I connect via WIFI and attempt to open any Office 2019 documents or go into Computer Management, the UAC prompts takes about 1 minute to open and same for the...
  6. word 2019 not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    word 2019 not opening: I cant open word or open any documents at all, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2019-not-opening/2e0ad4a6-a94c-4c5b-98b2-5a93babe80b9
  7. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470
  8. Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.: Did a Windows 10 update today 12/1/2019 and now I can't open any Office XP WORD documents. Word opens but when I try and open a doc it closes down. I created a new doc and saved it, tried to open and same thing....
  9. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents: I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous application of Microsoft Works was not useable and called me for help. Windows 10 version 1803 is now updated to Windows 10 version...
  10. Excel files open very slowly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel files open very slowly: Hi, I have installed windows 10 pro a couple of days ago and I now experience a strange behavior from excel (office 2013). I suspect this worked when booting new OS for the first time. When I open any excel file from any location on any hard drive (ssd or hdd) it takes...