Windows 10: Things opening on its own

Discus and support Things opening on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mominAli, Aug 27, 2018.

1. mominAli Win User

Things opening on its own

Hi Guys!

I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the screen are behaving as if they are being clicked multiple times. I can't even move past the sign-in screen, as it keeps pressing 'ok' button repeatedly. Hence, I keep getting incorrect pin error. When I somehow managed to start, random folders on the screen start opening multiple times. I can't even click anything else. As I opened chrome, more than 30 tabs opened on it's own. All things are behaving as if they are being clicked persistently. I am unable to open task manager or even refresh for that instance. As I left click, the drop down menu disappears as if right click got pressed at the same instance. I have tried using 3-4 different external USB mouse on all ports, but nothing seems to work. If a photo is clicked, 30 tabs open showing the same photo. I am unable to fathom if this is a hardware or a software issue, so can't trouble shoot as well. Please help.

:)

mominAli, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Open Translators to Things: Open Approach for Accessing Similar Things

Source: Open Translators to Things: An Open Approach for Accessing Similar Things | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Things opening on its own

Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Things opening on its own

1. Things opening on its own - Similar Threads - Things opening own

2. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  3. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  4. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  6. opening calculator on its own

opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  7. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  8. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  9. Computer launching things on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer launching things on its own: So I was writing some music in my music program, and Windows randomly started a program Virtualbox on its own. I don't have anything scheduled or set to autorun. I've seen it do this before also. Is it someone who has hacked me maybe? I am not sure what might be causing it....
  10. Computer does things on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer does things on its own: Hello, when I try to login to windows, the computer keys in its own keys, or it won't always let me punch in the numbers required to login. Once I do finally log in, it is like I am continually hitting the tab key as the icons on my task bar get highlighted quickly and...