Windows 10: Things running in background

Discus and support Things running in background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is their a way to see what is running in the backgrownd on my computer. I can hear it and am curious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alice Dancer, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Things running in background

Is their a way to see what is running in the backgrownd on my computer. I can hear it and am curious

:)

Alice Dancer, Oct 22, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Things running in background

Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    2. Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Things running in background

1. Things running in background - Similar Threads - Things running background

2. Random Orange thing at the welcome background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Orange thing at the welcome background: [ATTACH] I just recently updated my family windows 10 today and there are some random orange thing at the welcome screen at the background. can someone help me know what this is and how to fix it? submitted by /u/EijiOkumura13 [link] [comments]...
  3. PowerShell running in background.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell running in background.: I don't know why but PowerShell runs in the background...I reinstalled the windows many times but after a while it runs in the background. I'm very scared...I don't know what to do...I think I'm hacked or something...please help....
  4. A lot of background things running on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of background things running on start up: I am running windows 10 pro and find on start up to be fairly slow especially Microsoft Edge which is slow to open and often gives no response. I am retired now and really only need Windows 10 home, how could I change this? and why are so many items running in the...
  5. Mail not running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  6. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  7. So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed

So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed: So the last time I tried to cut running programs Processes and all the other what not in the background of task manager i almost ruined my cpu bc i turned off so many functions but now there are way to many my cpu is slow and lethargic idk what is nessceary to run or what i...
  8. Apps Running in Background

Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  9. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  10. Apps running in Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps running in Background: HI, I'm new to Windows 10 and need some advice. Is it safe to turn off background apps or do I need some running? What about 'mixed reality viewer,' I don't know what it is? I do use MS Edge but do I need it running all the time. ? I like to keep my Gmail, Microsoft, outlook,...