Windows 10: Things Windows 10 does well

Discus and support Things Windows 10 does well in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I used every version of Windows so far. Yes, even 1 and 2, although they were mostly curiosities and not actually usable. And I also used just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SymbolicFrank, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Things Windows 10 does well

Hi,

I used every version of Windows so far. Yes, even 1 and 2, although they were mostly curiosities and not actually usable. And I also used just about any other OS. But I cannot think of a single thing Windows 10 does well.

I have been a programmer / project leader by trade, for a long time. And while the amount of bugs kept on increasing, the users (yes, you!) had less and less understanding. Nowadays, everyone expects software to suck, and you're a hero if you can tell people how to circumvent a bug.

Like, search in explorer not working in 1909+. The offered solution: start task manager and restart explorer. But that is definitely not a solution. It is a frustrating work-around. And you also have to do that (for any version from Windows 8+) if something changes in the directory you're watching.

Ok, it is irritating enough that your selection is removed every time Windows thinks something changes, but it is more irritating that you have to kill and restart the explorer every hour or so, because it won't show the actual content of the directory anymore.

Microsoft, choose: either show the actual contents at all times, or don't. And keep the selection the user made! If you make something, make sure it actually works! Or remove it. And those are just two of my very long list of gripes.

Unfortunately, most employees at Microsoft are managers. And while the technicians they hired were the very best in the past, today they're the cheapest they can get. And while they valued backwards compatibility and a good user experience in the past, they first moved their whole testing and customer support departments to India a few years ago, and last year they killed both. The manager orders, the technician programs, and the user gets all the bugs.

So, there is no testing or error correction. There is just a humongous amount of managers telling the few, not-so-smart technicians what to do. And they all want them to do something else. That's why you're a manager, right?

And while any other company would have been bankrupt by now, their monopoly holds quite well. Simply because very few people have experience with something else. It is just how it is. It might suck, but you have to learn to live with it. And if you can help people who panic, more power to you.

It is ironic, that Microsoft just killed most products and educations for their non-Cloud products. You know, the things that decide the value of all those helpful people.

Anyway, prove me wrong. Tell me about the things Microsoft and Windows 10 do well! Because I cannot think of any. And I do have to tell customers that they get a great deal.

:)

SymbolicFrank, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Things Windows 10 does well

Delta6326, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Things Windows 10 does well

1. Things Windows 10 does well - Similar Threads - Things does

2. Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...: motherboard is b650e-f gaming Wi-Fi and the processor is amd 7900x, for some reason when I go onto the driver's section of Asus the lan driver is for intel it says but those are the only ones so I don't know if that is the problem and wouldn't know how to fix it. I'am also...
  3. Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...: motherboard is b650e-f gaming Wi-Fi and the processor is amd 7900x, for some reason when I go onto the driver's section of Asus the lan driver is for intel it says but those are the only ones so I don't know if that is the problem and wouldn't know how to fix it. I'am also...
  4. Asus setup does not support OS WNT_10.0H_64 on windows 10 pro, tried many things I go onto...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. does this look right ? 5000 in 15 day of same thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does this look right ? 5000 in 15 day of same thing: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1f678132-5938-4686-9fdc-c8ff68f15c85}" /> <EventID>36871</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  6. does this look right ? 5000 in 15 day of same thing

does this look right ? 5000 in 15 day of same thing: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1f678132-5938-4686-9fdc-c8ff68f15c85}" /> <EventID>36871</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  7. does this look right ? 5000 in 15 day of same thing

8. Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...: I feel pretty frustrated with the Microsoft team's decision to remove and replace the Troubleshooting app with the "Get Help" app. How will users benefit from this change if the "Get Help" app only makes this more confusing and slower?I have already tried Microsoft's "Get...
  9. Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...

Why does the Microsoft team want to remove the "Troubleshooting" app and make things...: I feel pretty frustrated with the Microsoft team's decision to remove and replace the Troubleshooting app with the "Get Help" app. How will users benefit from this change if the "Get Help" app only makes this more confusing and slower?I have already tried Microsoft's "Get...
  10. Does anyone know why my keyboard is doing random things such as Win changing the vol &...

Does anyone know why my keyboard is doing random things such as Win changing the vol &...: Any key does anything now. I tired shutting down, uninstalling drivers. And unpluging it. Nc what happened bc my housemate scared me and my controller touched my Keyboard and it bc this thisshow...