Windows 10: think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...

Discus and support think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; over the last week an a half ive posted a couple topics with various errors in games im trying to install on my computer which give different errors or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JELLOMAN3190, Jan 23, 2023.

1. think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...

over the last week an a half ive posted a couple topics with various errors in games im trying to install on my computer which give different errors or just dont load, though they attempt to. going through other forum posts trying to solve my issue has seen me doing sfc /scannow, which tells me of corrupted system files, dism restorehealth which says it completes with no issues, yet the corrupted files persist, doing both in safe mode where nothing has changed. adding new profiles to the computer where nothing changes and all manner of things. i have no reason to believe what i am about to put

:)

JELLOMAN3190, Jan 23, 2023

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Jan 23, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 23, 2023
  4. think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...

Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...

1. think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system... - Similar Threads - older version corrupted

2. Corrupted system files I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system files I think: My PC has recently been having issues with disk usage and is unable to complete windows updates. It’s just on a constant loop of update and restart. I ran sfc scannow and it said there were some corrupted files it could not fix. I think this resulted from me shutting down my...
  3. think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...: over the last week an a half ive posted a couple topics with various errors in games im trying to install on my computer which give different errors or just dont load, though they attempt to. going through other forum posts trying to solve my issue has seen me doing sfc...
  4. think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    think an older version of windows is corrupted, any way to fix it without doing a system...: over the last week an a half ive posted a couple topics with various errors in games im trying to install on my computer which give different errors or just dont load, though they attempt to. going through other forum posts trying to solve my issue has seen me doing sfc...
  5. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  6. I think my System files is corrupted and how do i fix it

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think my System files is corrupted and how do i fix it: First i cant open system restore it says 0x81000203 and also cant open storage it freeze the settings. also apps & feature freeze settings when i open it but i can open it on appwiz.cpl. System update dont work too it says 0x80248007 and also cant download language packs. I...
  7. Best way to clean install Windows 10 without any corrupted system files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to clean install Windows 10 without any corrupted system files?: Is using active killdisk erase option then install Windows 10 latest October 2020 update bootable file. Or something else that can guarantee the freshest install of Windows? I would like to the best option that will ensure that my system files will be repair and won't so...
  8. Is there any way to fix this?.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to fix this?.: So basically when i download i usually do 10mbs, but when i download now its 200kbs and when i do a diagnostic it says The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken. And it says this to fix it....
  9. Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?: Is this possible ? Ran both programs multiple times .. Ran cc cleaner to get rid of bad registry entries . Nothing is working . Used the media creator and burnt a USB stick . Is there a way to fix corruption with this ? The drive letter for the USB stick is L. Any assistance...
  10. Any way to return to my enterprise version without any change?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any way to return to my enterprise version without any change?: HI about one month ago, i updated my windows 10 enterprise. but then i saw it is upgrading to 10 pro, which i absolutely didnt want. but after upgrade my windows is so messed up: my bluetooth is gone, i cant make any program as default, my new laptop's speed is very low,...