Windows 10: think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was...

Discus and support think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; NEED HELP. WebMatrix, LLC came on my screen after my computer was blocked, scanned my system and added new software to my system. I provided email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RubyePeeples, Dec 14, 2020.

1. think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was...

NEED HELP. WebMatrix, LLC came on my screen after my computer was blocked, scanned my system and added new software to my system. I provided email phone # and an electronic check. I was sent documents and told that a license would be activated tomorrow when I called a number given. They installed Network Firewall, Webroot security, Alpemix app and Advance Cleaner software. It all seemed so smooth until I hung up and gave it some thought. Will this software give them license to remotely access my computer? I called my bank and cancelled that checking account. I need to speak to a live person, Pretty anxious right now. Just now seeing your message of what not to do when system is blocked.

Rubye

:)

RubyePeeples, Dec 14, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Phone scam

I now get no more weird foreign voices claiming to be from Microsoft's technical dept and many other such scams. We have been inundated with rubbish calls- before I added a call blocker device this reached 6 or 7 a day.

In the UK service providers have added a new free service that means callers are challenged to leave a short message, then press #. My phone then rings, and I have the option to add the caller to my approved list, accept this call but not add it, or simply not take the call.

I can manually add numbers to the blocked or approved list on line or using my phone.

The downside is any valid service (library reservations, some bank services) that rely on automated calls fail.

I have asked my service provider to consider adding a way to temporarily suspend the service.

dalchina, Dec 14, 2020
  3. BobBarr Win User
    New steam scam/Phising attempt

did you forward it to valve? i know someone on my friends list that sent them an email about a scam thing some time ago and was rewarded =D

BobBarr, Dec 14, 2020
  4. think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was...

Jsssssssss, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was...

1. think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was... - Similar Threads - was scammed Need

2. Scam I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam I think: I had a message come up on my computer when on line about a locked screen and to not turn it off but to call the number on the screen for Microsoft seems like a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-i-think/e177db9c-0aa2-4f5f-916d-ad2991c32f48
  3. Scam I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam I think: I had a message come up on my computer when on line about a locked screen and to not turn it off but to call the number on the screen for Microsoft seems like a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-i-think/e177db9c-0aa2-4f5f-916d-ad2991c32f48
  4. Scam I think

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Help, I think I have been scammed

Help, I think I have been scammed: I received today numerous pop ups telling me that Microsoft had locked my computer due to a security breach and urging me to contact Microsoft on 020 7097 4845 to sort it out. I did so believing it genuine. I spoke to an Asian gentleman who, I thought, helped me sort out...
  6. I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered.: Please see the email I have received. I got hacked ones before, and I don't trust anything. Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Due to a problem with your card, we have been unable to charge your account. Your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your...
  7. I think I was scammed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I was scammed.: I think I was scammed. Is NextWeb a tech affiliate of Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-was-scammed/6fb8f29a-fd21-45a4-ad9a-ce5d69e66742
  8. PHONE SCAM HELP

PHONE SCAM HELP: My friend gets this scam [think] saying your security support is closing & you will be open to viruses, a woman recording & she gives a # [bet then they charge $$$$ for just calling? Also, maybe not USA too] & she is def but can hear a little with her c. implant. But she does...
  9. please help i think i was scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help i think i was scam: customer id-Gets5807 toll free no-1844-915-3111 Gateway-Aspire mareting service- 1years amount-149.99 company-sys tech solutions notepad inetcpl.cpl appwiz.cpl msinfo32 iexplore helpme.net...
  10. I seriously think i got scammed. I need help

I seriously think i got scammed. I need help: Ok so my problem is I think I got scammed. I got a call from an 800 number I didnt answer but they left a message they said they noticed illegal activities on my computer/account I didn't do anything and i got scared so i called them back they saif my computer had a Trojan...