Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot

Discus and support Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a - Ive only added a NVIDA quadro 4000 and 16gigs of ram to the stock product. Initially, I was wondering why it was over heating so i removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Meghz, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:12 AM.

1. Meghz Win User

I own a - Ive only added a NVIDA quadro 4000 and 16gigs of ram to the stock product.

Initially, I was wondering why it was over heating so i removed the CPU Heatsink Fan to check what the issue was, and cleared the dust. However when i did this, the bracket behind the mother board snapped. So i removed everything to get the fan+mount back on.

After i did that, the PC couldn't read my windows 10 HDD/SSD with error 1762 ... After struggling to figure out what to do with the equipment i had, I had switched around the drives... defaulting BIOS, however the WIN 10 kept saying it needed to be repaired. and the repairing took a long time. Ultimately failing and not successfully starting up... kept going in a loop.. FANs were LOUD and WIN 10 screen / repair screen / format installation was very very slow... BIOS setup screen wasn't laggy in comparison...

I ended up putting a SSD in a laptop and fresh installing windows on it.. and now that SSD is in SATA1 connection.

I have replugged all hardware at least 3 times.

I removed the BIOS battery piece correctly and reset.

I have attempted a HDD and a SSD that had fresh installs of windows...

I have unplugged power, grounded, 60sec power 30sec release 60sec power, replug..

I have attempted to run on less ram, with and without non-stock graphics card...

Basically I have done all the basic fix's i have found looking for answers from people with similar problems...

I am now at the point where I reinstalled windows home on another SSD and tried to boot it. I have removed the graphics card, any unused USB, have the two stock RAM sticks it came with, and I have tweaked with the BIOS to see if some settings will allow it to boot but the problem persists, where the FANs are LOUD, and the i am stuck at the Blue logo screen "preparing automatic repair". I will attempt to bypass the repair loop with command prompt but i have done that with my other SSD with no progress. This boot / reinstall / repair / please wait / recovery ~ all is considerably slow compared to initial screen with blinking ( I ) , and BIOS utility set up as well.. the repair either fails or the pc crashes on its own...

any help is appreciated, thank you for your time!

:)

2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

Yes, it's called the Windows Technical Preview and you can get it here (ISO Download)

You'll have to sign up for a MS account using your email and a password.

I'm using it with a 480GB SSD as the OS drive and it ~does~ boot faster, much faster.
    I also have a new Win-7 build with a pair of 120GB SSDs in RAID that takes longer to boot.

Thema:

1. Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot - Similar Threads - Thinkcentre M90p WIN

2. Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys: Hello, I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio. HW Spec: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram /512g ssd, qualcomm Killer wifi and then intel AC-9260, nVidia 1050 Ti with latest WHQL drivers, bios v1.2.2, all drivers to...
  3. Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Win 10 Home High DPC lantency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys: Hello, I have a dell XPS 15 9570, and I have big issues with on board and external audio. HW Spec: Dell XPS 15 9570, i7 8750H, 4K screen, 16g ram /512g ssd, qualcomm Killer wifi and then intel AC-9260, nVidia 1050 Ti with latest WHQL drivers, bios v1.2.2, all drivers to...
  4. I had to add a second email , now Win 10 made it Administrator , not my original one , and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I had to add a second email , now Win 10 made it Administrator , not my original one , and...: I had to add another hotmail email for a stupid forum i had to sign up for to edit some GoPro footage , so Windows 10 decided on its own to make that email address the main administrator account , and it also removed from the Accounts Screen , my original Hotmail account ,...
  5. upgrade win 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade win 10 home to pro: what is the cost to upgrade from win 10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/upgrade-win-10-home-to-pro/2e3cb2b5-dbe0-408b-8cd5-52c230e6a815
  6. Windows update on win 7 pc at odd times of the month

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update on win 7 pc at odd times of the month: My family pc is a win 7 pc (3 GB RAM, 266 GB free space on C; drive, 5-7 years old?) that has so far survived updates from windows except for one BSOD episode after the Autumn update last year as I recall. It took a week and gave only BSOD and then all was well for no...
  7. Win 10 2018 April Update

Win 10 2018 April Update: I have 2 failed attempts for Win 10 April update with error code 0xc1900101 The last attempt was on 11 July 2018. Since then I have tried The Update Assisstant 4 times. Need help to resolve this without upgrading...
  8. Win 10 - Colour change on Laptop display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - Colour change on Laptop display: I have HP Spectre laptop. Have just taken it on holiday and find the display has appeared to change the colour calibration of all the photos I have downloaded from camera. The sky has gone purple and the yellows gone green Reds appear to have changed slightly . I use Autocad...
  9. win 10

win 10: I have reloaded win10 on Toshiba laptop on startup unable to connect to internet, after some time I worked out that if I startup with out battery in it. Connected to power outlet the computer would startup as normal and connect up to the internet as normal. Unable to work out...
  10. KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) Fails to update on My WIN 10 System.

KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) Fails to update on My WIN 10 System.: This is very EFFN annoying! How many times will it keep trying and is there a way to just reject the update . It clearly doesn't work... My problem is that the system auto restarts when I am in the middle of work in progress... WIndows10... Built by developers who don't...