Windows 10: Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot

Discus and support Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a - Ive only added a NVIDA quadro 4000 and 16gigs of ram to the stock product. Initially, I was wondering why it was over heating so i removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Meghz, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Meghz Win User

Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot

I own a - Ive only added a NVIDA quadro 4000 and 16gigs of ram to the stock product.

Initially, I was wondering why it was over heating so i removed the CPU Heatsink Fan to check what the issue was, and cleared the dust. However when i did this, the bracket behind the mother board snapped. So i removed everything to get the fan+mount back on.

After i did that, the PC couldn't read my windows 10 HDD/SSD with error 1762 ... After struggling to figure out what to do with the equipment i had, I had switched around the drives... defaulting BIOS, however the WIN 10 kept saying it needed to be repaired. and the repairing took a long time. Ultimately failing and not successfully starting up... kept going in a loop.. FANs were LOUD and WIN 10 screen / repair screen / format installation was very very slow... BIOS setup screen wasn't laggy in comparison...

I ended up putting a SSD in a laptop and fresh installing windows on it.. and now that SSD is in SATA1 connection.

I have replugged all hardware at least 3 times.

I removed the BIOS battery piece correctly and reset.

I have attempted a HDD and a SSD that had fresh installs of windows...

I have unplugged power, grounded, 60sec power 30sec release 60sec power, replug..

I have attempted to run on less ram, with and without non-stock graphics card...

Basically I have done all the basic fix's i have found looking for answers from people with similar problems...

I am now at the point where I reinstalled windows home on another SSD and tried to boot it. I have removed the graphics card, any unused USB, have the two stock RAM sticks it came with, and I have tweaked with the BIOS to see if some settings will allow it to boot but the problem persists, where the FANs are LOUD, and the i am stuck at the Blue logo screen "preparing automatic repair". I will attempt to bypass the repair loop with command prompt but i have done that with my other SSD with no progress. This boot / reinstall / repair / please wait / recovery ~ all is considerably slow compared to initial screen with blinking ( I ) , and BIOS utility set up as well.. the repair either fails or the pc crashes on its own...

any help is appreciated, thank you for your time!

:)

Meghz, Jul 12, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jul 12, 2018
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jul 12, 2018
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

Yes, it's called the Windows Technical Preview and you can get it here (ISO Download)

You'll have to sign up for a MS account using your email and a password.

I'm using it with a 480GB SSD as the OS drive and it ~does~ boot faster, much faster.
    I also have a new Win-7 build with a pair of 120GB SSDs in RAID that takes longer to boot.

RealNeil, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot - Similar Threads - Thinkcentre M90p installation

2. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  3. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  4. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Installer will not boot

Win 10 Installer will not boot: Hello All, So im attempting to replace an M.2 SSD card where the OS is currently housed and do a complete clean install of the OS onto the new M.2 card. I have followed the instructions to the T on creating the boot media of the Media Creation Tool for both a USB drive and...
  6. Window 10 doesnt boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 doesnt boot: Hello all. I ran into a problem yesterday. I restarted my pc and upon restart it was not booting up, just hung on the msi screen with the circle of dot spinning. I want to try a fresh install but i cant seem to figure out how. I have a x470 board. I bought it from digital...
  7. New Lenovo ThinkCentre - Windows 10 Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    New Lenovo ThinkCentre - Windows 10 Won't Go To Sleep: I got a new Lenovo M90n-1 with Windows 10 Home (1909). I cannot get this device to go to sleep with a defined time. I could select Sleep from the Start Menu or my keyboard Sleep key and it will sleep (or Standby???) but if I set Sleep in Power Options for 45 minutes or...
  8. Win 10, 1809 installed, will not boot.

Win 10, 1809 installed, will not boot.: Win 10, 1809 installed but would not reboot. Removed updated version (1809) and all is well now. Ran "Fix windows" in search block and the results are as follows: "Service registration is missing or corrupt". How do I resolve this problem? Some characteristic's are: little...
  9. New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT!: I've recently started a couple of other threads due to an absurd level of Windows 10 design and implementation screw-ups, but there was nothing that could be done. So I bit the horrifically evil and murderous bullet and re-installed the latest version of 64-bit Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Asus E200HA Doesnt detect new drivers on fresh WIn 10 Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus E200HA Doesnt detect new drivers on fresh WIn 10 Install: Hi, i purchased an Asus E200AHA netbook a week ago, it came with 2GB of RAM and an Intel Atom processor. It came with a lot of bloatware and in order to get rid of that i did a reset of windows. The reets windows option got stuck at 58% and an error popped up which said that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 on lenovo m90 how

2. m90p 5864 boot from usb format

3. m90p winload.exe