Windows 10: Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

Discus and support Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I'm thinking of getting a 1TB m.2. My only dilemma is... should I use it as a regular ssd or pair it up with amd storemi (which can use 256GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vgchat, Jan 15, 2020.

1. vgchat Win User

Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

So, I'm thinking of getting a 1TB m.2. My only dilemma is... should I use it as a regular ssd or pair it up with amd storemi (which can use 256GB of it)?

:)

vgchat, Jan 15, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

My first thought was that using a 1TB SSD in what is basically a caching scheme is crazy.

On further thought, it's crazy.*Smile

I'd suggest getting this Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3200/2000 MB/s (SB-RKTQ-1TB) - Newegg.com or this Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - Newegg.com as an alterative to Samsung. If you had a PCI-E 4.0 CPU + motherboard (you do not, at least in your My Computer listing), I'd suggest this: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive With Heatsink (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-HTSK-1TB) - Newegg.com.

bobkn, Jan 15, 2020
  3. vgchat Win User

So, I'm thinking of getting a 1TB m.2. My only dilemma is... should I use it as a regular ssd or pair it up with amd storemi (which can use 256GB of it)?

vgchat, Jan 15, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

I have no connection with Newegg, except as a sometime customer. 1TB, M.2 2280, Internal SSDs, SSDs, Components - Newegg.com

I got this one Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3200/2000 MB/s (SB-RKTQ-1TB) - Newegg.com on sale for $100 recently. The claimed sequential read/write are 3200/2000 MBps. I have seen that in CrystalDiskMark. It's a QLC drive, For an additional $20, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - Newegg.com is a TLC drive, rated at 3400/3000.

The Sabrent drives rely on Windows' built-in NVMe drivers, and TRIM. No utilities are available from them.

bobkn, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2 - Similar Threads - Thinking getting 1TB

2. I have a 1tb western digital m.2 nvme connected to my motherboard it keeps in getting corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 1tb western digital m.2 nvme connected to my motherboard it keeps in getting corrupted: I replaced it with the exact same model and that immediately had boot issues before loading,I have used medicat in safe mode to check for malware and I have rebuilt the master boot file and replaced my system files,but it happen all the time.The only exception is when I...
  3. I have a 1tb western digital m.2 nvme connected to my motherboard it keeps in getting corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a 1tb western digital m.2 nvme connected to my motherboard it keeps in getting corrupted: I replaced it with the exact same model and that immediately had boot issues before loading,I have used medicat in safe mode to check for malware and I have rebuilt the master boot file and replaced my system files,but it happen all the time.The only exception is when I...
  4. NVMe M.2 1TB boot drive goes into Bios, no errors, no boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NVMe M.2 1TB boot drive goes into Bios, no errors, no boot.: I just had this happen, It doesn't give me errors on boot just does not boot into windows, just goes right into the bios where I can see the drive. I have never experienced this before. Been out of the building/fixing PC game for 5-6 years so... I got a "ran into a problem"...
  5. Alternative to Western Digital 1TB CH SN530 M.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alternative to Western Digital 1TB CH SN530 M.2: Hi! I am looking for alternatives to the SSD Western Digital 1TB CH SN530 M.2 (image below). SSD size must be the same. Any advice is welcome. :) IM Windows 10 Pro 184122
  6. Getting Windows on NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Windows on NVMe M.2: Need some help installing Windows on my new Samsung980 NVMe M.2 SSD please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-on-nvme-m2/6852c9fd-ceff-4b66-b317-3f3f7a03f1b8
  7. M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    M.2: For a better picture, I have an SSD, a brick, and an m.2 SSD I boot from this m.2 I just purchased another m.2 with more memory that I would use to store my games to increase load times. However, I installed the new m.2 and when I boot the computer, I am getting an m.2...
  8. Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2: So, I'm thinking of getting a 1TB m.2. My only dilemma is... should I use it as a regular ssd or pair it up with amd storemi (which can use 256GB of it)? 147914
  9. 1TB M.2 Enough

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1TB M.2 Enough: I have a question im OCD with Storage and im wondering I don't move my user files like my documents, my pictures and so on off the main drive. Will a 1TB M.2 be enough? I do not store movies and such on my drive. Also my Steam will be on a separate 2tb SSD while DCS World...
  10. Questions about M.2 Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about M.2 Memory: Hi I'm investigating what M.2 memory is all about and what is involved in getting it up and running. I've already learnt a lot in just browsing various websites that explain what it is. At present though, my husband seems to be having problems running Trainz on his PC and...