Windows 10: Thinking to buy new processor

Discus and support Thinking to buy new processor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know much about processors and I wanna know, how to find processor that will fit and work on my PC. Thanks. 3084 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by algiuxas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. algiuxas Win User

Thinking to buy new processor

Hello, I don't know much about processors and I wanna know, how to find processor that will fit and work on my PC.
    Thanks.

:)

algiuxas, Nov 26, 2014
  2. BulldogXX Win User

If i install a new cpu is that considored a "significant" change to my hardware.

Yes, changing the processor or motherboard will remove your activation, so you'll need to buy a license.

I'm not going to defend Microsoft's policy, but I will say that for many if not most, a processor upgrade will also include a motherboard upgrade. Considering the cost of a new CPU and motherboard vs. the cost of a new computer, you may as well buy the new
    computer.

BulldogXX, Nov 26, 2014
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Upgrading hardware after upgrading to windows 10

There is no such thing as upgrading from AMD to Intel. You have to build a new computer. The computer processor is AMD and so is the motherboard. You might as well buy a new computer with Intel Inside.

See this article--

Loading site please wait...

BTW--switching hardware such as motherboard and cpu would require buying a new windows license.

mlg63, Nov 26, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Nov 26, 2014
  5. algiuxas Win User
    Thanks Jeff! I found for me processor *Smile

algiuxas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thinking to buy new processor - Similar Threads - Thinking buy processor

2. New Motherboard and Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Motherboard and Processor: Hello I have a new motherboard and processor. I had to do so because of hardware malfunction. I still have the old drive as I installed windows on a new one. Is there a way to get the old key off the old drive to activate the new windows or transfer the license on my account?...
  3. New Motherboard and Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Motherboard and Processor: Hello I have a new motherboard and processor. I had to do so because of hardware malfunction. I still have the old drive as I installed windows on a new one. Is there a way to get the old key off the old drive to activate the new windows or transfer the license on my account?...
  4. New Motherboard and Processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Thinking of buying a windows key off of gvgmall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thinking of buying a windows key off of gvgmall: This website says it sells windows 10 pro keys (oem) for under 20 dollars and I was thinking of purchasing one but it seems too good to be true. submitted by /u/Hovoe [link] [comments]...
  6. Thinking of buying new hdd but am unsure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thinking of buying new hdd but am unsure: I'm thinking of buying a new hard drive as I'm really running low on space. I want a 4tb or 6tb. I need a hard drive for saving music/videos and gaming. I want to store games and play them off the hard drive I choose to buy next. I already have a seagate desktop 4tb...
  7. Thinking of buying new hdd but am unsure

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinking of buying new hdd but am unsure: I'm thinking of buying a new hard drive as I'm really running low on space. I want a 4tb or 6tb. I need a hard drive for saving music/videos and gaming. I want to store games and play them off the hard drive I choose to buy next. I already have a seagate desktop 4tb...
  8. New motherboard & Processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard & Processor: I have Windows 10 Home Anniversary update. I installed this OS by a free upgrade from Windows 7. I want to take the hard drive and put it in another tower that has a different motherboard, memory, and processor. What will I have to do to make sure the OS stays activated? 93672
  9. New buy

in Windows 10 Support
    New buy: Hi Guys, I was hoping some of u could help me out in picking a desktop that will still be good in 3 to 4 yrs and I will be able to upgrade it at that point as well. I am looking to spend around $500 on it. I am not a gamer nor do i do any editing on videos. I would like to...
  10. Upgrading new processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading new processor: Hello Forum. Its time for me to upgrade my processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor since the current one in my system is from 2008. It's almost a decade, and I'm quite happy with it, but now I need to upgrade it, since Im looking to do music recording, as I have...